Are There Certain Posters You Trust Here?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't know if I can trust someone I have never met, but I do trust the information some posters put up, like Leolaia and Narkissos to name only two.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, I think you're one of the sharpest fools on this board. You remind me of me.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    the sharpest fools on this board.

Sylvia

• Quentin
    Quentin

Terry...Big Tex and Nina...Crumpet...and several others I have met in person...most of whom rarley post anymore...

I take trust as it comes...burn me once and it's over...

• minimus
    minimus

I didn't mean tools, just for the record, fool.

• undercover
    undercover
    You remind me of me.

Why does the scene from Tombstone where Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo were facing down each other in the saloon come to mind??

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why does the scene from Tombstone where Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo were facing down each other in the saloon come to mind??

That was a great scene.

W

• rocketman
    rocketman

I trust some here whom I've known or known of for some time: Blondie, Farkel, Minimus, Elsewhere, Drwstn, etc. I've spoken to some members on the phone, and met with a few members about three years ago during a small Apostofest, during which I noted that all members present were pretty much the same as they presented themselves online.

The ones I trust least are generally the pro-jw posters. This is not due to philosophical disagreement, but mainly because I question why pro-jws would be at this site in the first place.

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman, good to see you!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

For me, everyone starts at trust level one, which is very basic trust that you are a living being and you will act within your nature. If you do something like come to me and say you have the only true religion, then proceed to tell me easily refuted lies, then you lose my trust. If you say and do things that support your integrity, the trust grows. I allow for people to occasionally be fuzzy on details and biased to their view. On here, most have level one trust, even the ones with whacked out politics. Several are not to be trusted, posting bogus claims. Many more are above level one, and there is one who is the only begotten trustworthy from my view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit