Are there any Thinkers here?

by theMadJW 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avishai
    avishai

Wow, the irony....

• bubble
    bubble

I have a question...

if you left the org in 1985 why are you here sticking up for a religion that you clearly don't believe in?

...'think' about that one!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

MadJW

If you would actually stop and read what is on this board you would find many excellent thinkers and scholars - none of them JWs any longer.

Knowledge is the key. But not the kind of knowledge that Christ talked about in Matthew 23. He wanted people to go deeper. To really think about their beliefs and to not follow anyone who said one thing and did another.

Most of us here who have read even a fraction of what is posted on this board have come to the painful realization that the WTS is not what it claims to be. It, in fact, in action and deed, has become exactly what Christ described in Matt 23.

Believe me, none of us was glad or rejoicing to discover this about an organization that we gave our lives for. Leaving meant losing all our family, all our friends, all our beliefs, all our purpose for living. We each have had to examine very carefully the step we took to leave the WTS and the JWs. It took great thought on our part.

Sadly I wish I had given my the WTS' beliefs more thought many years before I left.

You come here in a hit and run manner and accuse us of not being thinkers. I will tell you this. Almost every person here has studied and thought about the WTS and the JWs far more after we left than we ever did as active believing JWs.

Lee

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

thats why we are here. WE think. YOU parrot.

go away, you are wasting valuable time. i for one will ignore any posts you make from hereon in.

Oz

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

MadJW

If you would actually stop and read what is on this board you would find many excellent thinkers and scholars - none of them JWs any longer."

That is not a very good sign! heh! Unless you have a different defenition of "Thinker" and "Scholar"...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I have a question...

if you left the org in 1985 why are you here sticking up for a religion that you clearly don't believe in?

...'think' about that one!!!

I never left...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

MadJW,

If you find a Thinker here, what will you do?

You must have asked for a reason, assuming you are a thinker yourself, of course.

I am genuinely curious as to why you asked this question.

The Oracle

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I could have sworn I posted a response on this thread addressed to MadJW

• scroll scroll scroll up
    • scroll scroll scroll back down

Yup its still there

It never ceases to amaze me how they ask for something and when they get it they ignore it like it was typed in white on white making it invisible

• ziddina
    ziddina

"It is my suggestion rather then engage him on this level, to instead simply let MadJW call us names, and ignore him/her until he/she shows some more respect...."

A valid suggestion, AllTimeJeff, and I'd really like to endorse that approach...

Except that my devious little mind has come up with something a bit more - FUN - shall we say? Let's all pretend to be in absolute awe of theMadJW's specious reasoning... Pretend to be his friend... [Let's call it "Theocratic" Battle Strategy - sounds original to me...]

Find out which congregation he's located in, and email all of his posts to the elders...

['course, this might not work IF he's actually an elder - could be, 'cause he has that 'low-paying service sector employment' aura about him...]

Always thinking of something Eeee-vil... Zid

jk

• zagor
    zagor

I don't think anyone would say they are non-thinker regardless how little they actually think, what do you think?

As for being ridiculers, I think you would have to agree that most have learned that thoughtless skill while inside the borg, i.e. ridiculing someone without thinking. Well just think about it. How many times did you hear at the meeting about those "godless people" and their beliefs and way of thinking. In fact at one point it gotten so bad that I literally walked out of the meeting when speaker started talking how god will destroy little snakes along with big snakes (referring to parents and children) and everyone in audience laughed. I really didn't have to think about it to realize just how aweful thought that was, but what struck me as odd was the fact that nobody seemed to think the same or have thought about gravity of what just has been said. In fact, I think if people in government really thought for a moment how people in congregation really think about their fellow man they would shut the whole fucking thing down, before they have a chance to think about it, what do you think??

Having said all of that, I would love to see more indepth discussions like it was the case few years ago, but then again I guess the original make-up of the board has changed or people have moved away from serious scholarly debate. In any case it is really great when you read a thought provoking comment, which btw is something you couldn't even think about while inside the borg, what do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit