15 Years of Jehovahs-Witness.com

by Simon 68 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, today is the forum's 15th birthday!

Welcome !

I never thought for one moment that it would survive this long or have so many people post so many great subjects over the years.

It is still humbling when I get PM's or emails from people expressing how the site has helped them and of course thanks goes to all the posters who have shared their experiences and make helpful and supportive comments to others who are in the sometimes difficult process of learning the real truth about 'the truth'.

The site has gone through several different incarnations over the last 15 years running on different platforms, different databases and different hosts but we've been able to keep all the old topics. The current site is still being developed and I'm hoping to push another major upgrade soon.

I also may have some other news to share soon about the future of the site so stay posted.

Until then, here's the the next 15 years! (oh god ! )

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Happy birthday!!! ☺

(there's something I don't get chance to say very often!)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Will there still be an Org in 15 years time, to talk about???? :)
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Happy Birthday !

Today is a Special Day for old Phizzy too, this very date marks seven years since I walked out of the K.H, never to return.

I had been reading on JWD as it was then, for a few months, and had learned a little of TTATT in so doing.

But March 23rd was the day I took the first real step on the Road To Freedom !

Thank you Simon, and all who have contributed to making me thoroughly free and happy !

• Splash
    Splash
    It's frightening how quickly the time goes!!!!
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    This site has helped me allot. Thanks
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Congratulations. Thank you very much Simon.

Let's hope there's no need for websites like these in the distant future. Let's hope that our common foe descends into oblivion soon.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Thank you Simon. Your site has helped us escape the WT grip!
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

Congratulations and many thanks for sticking with it so long. This site was a major influence on me waking up.

Simon, looking at your Welcome post you still seemed pro-JW at the time? If so how long was it till you woke up? Or had you already woken up?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ah, the Internet fifteen years ago. Dial Up modems, Alta Vista, Comic Sans, animated gifs, MSN Groups and . . . JWD.

Thanks Simon and Angharad - very, very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit