I am SO PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to Vent!!

by Lady Liberty 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Trojan-in-Brooklyn
    Trojan-in-Brooklyn

My mother has been an active JW for 39 years....since my father was disfellowshipped, most of the congregation started to include her in the shunning process....the other day one of the miserable-Bastard-Ministerial-Servants directed her to the back of the KH because this is where my father was going to seat....my mother doesn't have good eyesight and has always sit in the front rows.....she has been very sad lately....and I've heard for the first time in my life my mother critizicing the Congo and its members....i think she is hurt.....

......they shun because the scumbag of their god is holding a big, badass gun to their head....called Armaggedon.....there you have it. Fear....

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Love is simply an obligation to God, and a vehicle by which to deliver the gospel, which most JW's have never heard.

That is some sick crap right there. You have no idea what love is Perry. To you it's just a tool to try to trick people into becoming your wacky brand of Christianity. You're no better than the JWs knocking on doors with their fake smiles.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• VIII
    VIII

Lady Liberty, I am so sorry your daughter had to experience this from her grandmother! What horrible, unloving, blind loyalty to a cult. It is unbelivable.

Hopefully, you can explain to your daughter that your MIL is blinded by loyalty to a man-made organization and might come out of it. I am sure her grandmother loves her, just can't express it.

• Perry
    Perry

That is some sick crap right there. You have no idea what love is Perry.

Hi There Missing Link,

For some people who are against the authority of Christ, the idea of loving your enemies does sound "sick". I understand how you feel. I felt that way too at one time. But, what I found was that it does work many times, in a certain utilitarian sort of way completely separate from any moral obligation. But, all the same I feel obligated to talk to JW's about their beliefs. This is what I would have wanted Christians to do for me when I was a witness. I try to keep my motives in check as well. For me it's not good enough to simply "stump" a witness. I'm not satisfied unless I can communicate a genuine concern for their well-being. On some days, I can't do this, some days I can. On the days that I can, I give the credit to the Lord because of its seeming impossibility for me. I'm pretty hot-headed by nature.

The fact remains, regardless of our religious or secular bent, that throwing back the poison is a conversation stopper for sure. I am suggesting that we embrace our enemies and lovingly engage them, ask them questions that they cannot answer. And do it out of genuine concern, if not for them personally then maybe for someone like the nice people on this board such as yourself who are hurting. If we don't preach to them, who is going to? Doesn't that seem logical to you?

• Perry
    Perry

Perry, shunning is heartless. WWJD? Or are you one of that stalwart Dubs that I could eat for breakfast?

I don't think Jesus would go where he was particularly unwanted. But, at the same time he wouldn't write off an entire group of people either because of their heartlessness. Jesus saw through peoples' ignorance and illogicalness.

I see no reason why we as ex-witnesses can't make it our business to equip ourselves with certain questions that the WT cannot answer and be ready to share these with witnesses that we "happen" to run across. It only makes sense. There is no down side....everyone wins.

I may plant a seed in one of your relatives mind and they come to their senses, you may do the same for one of mine. Doesn't that make a lot more sense to you instead of simply feeding their victim complex by "proving" them wrong or by embarrassing/humiliating them?

Bangalore,

Thanks for that reminder. I know my parents have reviewed that article many times. They have quoted from it.

Ada,

Oh dear I see your point. All the same it can still be cathartic and enriching to simply pray for God's mercy on their ignorance. Baggage like that belongs in the dumpster not on your shoulders. Wishing you all the best!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    For some people who are against the authority of Christ, the idea of loving your enemies does sound "sick". I understand how you feel. I felt that way too at one time.

Don't try and twist that around on me. I'm sick of your standard lying for Jesus. I never said loving your enemies was wrong. You have no idea how I feel, you've never been in the position of being a good, moral, intelligent man without delusions.

You were not talking about loving your enemies. Your quote was simply this:

Love is simply an obligation to God, and a vehicle by which to deliver the gospel, which most JW's have never heard.

In your world Love is not a natural feeling between people. You require god, and the ulterior motive of trying to proselytize, that's what I said was sick - that love does not seem natural to you people. In my godless world love IS natural and is not used to trick people.

• Mary
    Mary

Perry said: I see no reason why we as ex-witnesses can't make it our business to equip ourselves with certain questions that the WT cannot answer and be ready to share these with witnesses that we "happen" to run across. It only makes sense. There is no down side....everyone wins.

Perry, many of us do this. A few months ago, I phoned Brooklyn Bethel and asked to speak to someone about the blood doctrine. I had a copy of my project in front of me and the duffus on the other end was unable to give me a rebuttal for any of the arguments I gave him. He simply mumbled something about 'if new light needs to come about on this, Jehovah will bring it through the F&DS'. End of conversation.

The problem with what you're suggesting, is that if you are in a DF'd or DA'd state, most Witnesses will not speak to you and will look through you as though you do not exist. And they almost certainly will not engage you in debate about their doctrines, since we are all 'diseased' and possessed by Satan himself now. I believe that there are MANY Witnesses who go to extremes when it comes to shunning their family members for one of following reasons:

1) it somehow gives them a warped sense of 'loyalty' to the Organization;

2) they are furious with the family member for bringing "shame" on them by getting DF'd in the first place and have no problem with punishing them by shunning them;

3) they already have emotional problems and will use shunning as an excuse to treat their own flesh and blood as poorly as possible.

When my brother DA'd himself in the mid 1980s, I refused to shun him even though I was a pretty dedicated JW at the time. I could not see how ignoring someone could possibly be seen as being "Christ-like" and I would not do it. My best friend however, had no problem in looking through her DA'd brother, as though he did not exist and she and I had several arguments about it. In hindsight, I believe she reacted the way she did because her family was always very cold emotionally and fanatically faithful to the Organization. Typical background: her mom was the town tramp, her dad was the town drunk, they met, he got her pregnant (very shameful thing back then), they became Witnesses and in order to make up for past sins, they became "super-fine" Christians. I don't ever recall ever seeing any of the kids get a hug or a kiss or a pat on the back. Everything was: religion, religion, religion.

People like Lady Liberty and others have every right to be disgusted and angry with family members who shun them. Your idea of simply 'turning the other cheek', I don't think is very realistic.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

da cult!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit