I am SO PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to Vent!!

by Lady Liberty 85 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Proof that they dont know the first thing about love, kindness, mercy...the fruits of the spirit. The person who does not show love to their own family is worse than a person without faith.

Send her a letter telling her that you had to explain to your daughter why her grandmother shunned her and your daughter said "How awful. I never want to be in a religion like that."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Is there an "adopt a grandma" program or something that can be used to replace that defective one?

I mean, really, grandmas are supposed to gush and spoil the grandkids. Let them know they're loved, special, smart, that kinda stuff.

"Silent treatment" is Mom's territory when the kids need some straightening up!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I think my husband knows he would get no where by calling his parents. His dad is a total push over, and has no backbone when it comes to putting his wife in place, never has. When you challenge or cross her she is a screaming out of control B--CH from HELLl!! It would be a hollaring match like no other I am sure!!

Unfortunately, this is not the first time she has seen her Grandaughter and ignored her. Once we were leaving the County Fair as a family, (about 4 years ago or so), and my mother in law was sitting on the exit bench with her mother, my daughters great grandmother (probably waiting to be picked up), and they looked at us, and started whispering as we walked by. I couldn't believe it. We just kept walking as we shook our head in disbelief.

Another time about 2 years ago, we were downtown at a Street Fair. My daughter was walking in the middle of my sister and I who were deep in conversation. I wasn't even paying attention to who was coming at us until they were right in front of us. She looked at us, looked directly at her Granddaughter, and turned her head and buried it in her husbands arm until they passed. Then they both turned around to look at us. My dayghter was crushed. She was just shaking and crying it hurt her feelings so bad.

Then more recently my daughter was at Khols looking at shoes with my neice. Her Grandfather sells shoes their. He came out from the back shoe room, saw her and actually darted down the shoe isle next to her, trying to get as close to her as he could to listen to them without being seen, but she saw him. She was hurt and disgusted by his behavior. Neither my husband nor I was there. He had a perfect opportunity to say hi to her but chose not to. I just don't get it!!

Then right before school started we were school shopping, and went to Khols together, and saw her Grandmother in her car waiting to pick up her husband from work. She was in the handicap spot, up close to where you come out of the store. Her window was down and she did a double take. I think she recognized me and the realized that was her Granddaughter she was looking at. She lifted her glasses to look at us and just stared. Again, I thought she would hollar out to her Grandaughter to say "hello" but she didn't she just stared at us. I am sure she was stunned to see her Granddaughter had gone from a little girl in Elementary School to a young woman, a Sophmore in Highschool.

But tonight topped the cake. She was like I said so close to her that their elbows could have touched. It was just sicke ning! My daughter was so upset. Poor little dear!They make me SICK!!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

In a compromise you have knowing that your daughter is not going to have any kind of reasonable relationship with not a very nice person.

This a shrewed and a very cold hearted religion if there ever was one.

If they willing to post pictures of the child members on the front cover of their magazines who voluntarily

committed suicide by not taking a blood transfusion, you can expect just about anything .

I wouldn't want to have a personal relationship with anyone like that.

This really is a dangerous cult, don't ever second guess that.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LIBERTY- I agree with Homer the Almighty- as you well know - Jehovah's Witnesses ARE a dangerous mind control cult . In my opinion - they really ARE NOT a religion so much as just a dangerous mind controlled Phariseeical organization of rulemakers. The WT society controls your relatives through " fear " and " guilt" - the 2 main legs that ALL mind control cults walk on. Your mother in law and father in law are controlled to act like they do - because they think they will die at Armageddon in Jehov, er the WT socities disfavor if they speak to you or your daughter. It's crazy, it's insane yes - but it's how high control organizations like JW's keep the rank and file in line - people just like your in laws. Natural affection gets thrown out the window in preference to following rules of idiocy made by idiots at the WT society. Hang in there, say Hi to your hubby. Tell him to be strong

• yknot
    yknot

Since her emotional state is affected I think it is time to go to their Elders requesting a sit down for their Elders to explain the extreme of their actions toward yalls daughter. Again stating that you accept the shunning of yourselves but why on earth and where in the literature does it say the G-parents need to shun an innocent and still emotionally developing non-baptized g-daughter.

If you get no relief, write the Org directly, perhaps threatening to go to the local newspapers with the story of how many JWs worldwide take the harsh tones found in the God's Love book to extremes and end up emotionally abusing innocent kids.......

The WTS loves publicity but not that kind.

• finding my way
    finding my way

Everyone has already said some really nice things and I don't feel I could add much more.

I just wanted to let you know I'm angry for you and your Daughter. It's horrible horrible what they do to people!

FMY

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry LL.

My MIL has been actively shunning me for a couple years now. But because my wife is not DA'd, she still speaks with the our grandkids [whom we raise]. What a goofy-assed religion, that bases it's doling out of kindness on 'status' rather than human kindness.

Jeff

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lady Liberty - have sent you a brief PM.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w83 1/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***Another sort of loss may be felt by loyal Christian grandparents whose children have been disfellowshipped. They may have been accustomed to visiting regularly with their children, giving them occasion to enjoy their grandchildren. Now the parents are disfellowshipped because of rejecting Jehovah’s standards and ways. So things are not the same in the family. Of course, the grandparents have to determine if some necessary family matters require limited contact with the disfellowshipped children. And they might sometimes have the grandchildren visit them. How sad, though, that by their unchristian course the children interfere with the normal pleasure that such grandparents enjoyed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit