is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Lampstand- in the case of Jesus there are dozens of sides each claiming that they have it right. More harm has been done by groups claiming to have it right than can even be fathomed, physical abuse, murder, wars, social and economic injustice. The Theology regarding Jesus has become a joke. It is not science it is metaphysical philosophy. And all the while the good that could and should be done in his name takes a back seat to some hybrid argument of Plato and Socrates ideas on Substance and Essence.

If we Practice the Golden Rule everyday that he spoke of, think of how much better we could make things if that simple teaching were followed by the 1.5 Billion who claim him as the savior of humankind. All hunger could end in weeks.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Javig, you have a PM :)

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If we Practice the Golden Rule everyday that he spoke of, think of how much better we could make things if that simple teaching were followed by the 1.5 Billion who claim him as the savior of humankind. All hunger could end in weeks.

Agreed.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

All I know is those who believe that Jesus is their God are in good company ...

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

That's all I have to offer.

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's the main reason that I don't believe the Trinity doctrine.

Many people killed, emperors called upon to settle the dispute, some, depending on their adherence to this doctrine, being crowned or deposed, bodies dug up and the remains scattered - all in the name of Christ!

What foolishness!

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thomas's proclimation was the perfect tiem for Jesus to say, " Dude, seriously, don;'t you frwaking get it? I am NOT God, I'm just an angel".

He didn't, he didn't rebuke Thomas and he didn't say anything to counter Thomas's "epiphany".

• AGuest
    AGuest
    be sure and do something good for someone else today, a kind act just for someone else or this earth.

Absolutely! And the greatest of love and peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ, who prefers LIVING the Law (of love)... than debating about it, but, oh well... there ARE those watching, so...

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    All I know is those who believe that Jesus is their God are in good company ... 28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” That's all I have to offer.

Interesting. My Lord did not say, "Blessed YOU are, Thomas, because you have seen me and have believed." He SAID: "Blessed are those who have NOT seen and yet have believed." Thomas said he would NOT believe... unless he saw some proof (i.e., the holes... and thus, WITH IS EYES).

Some here are like that: they walk by SIGHT... as to what they see in the pages of a mere BOOK... processed pulp from a tree... the REST of which was thrown in the trash/burned... which they BLASPHEMOUSLY call "the Word of God"... rather than walking by FAITH... and listening to the One they CAN'T see with their eyes of flesh... ... THE Word of God... His SON! John 1:1, 14; Revelation 19:13

These "search" the scriptures, because they THINK that by means of THEM... they will have everlasting life. Yet, the scriptures BEAR WITNESS TO CHRIST. And, yet, they do NOT want to "come" to HIM. John 5:39; 40 And they wickedly ridicule anyone who does want to... and has. FUNNY thing, though, that they don't even BOTHER to look IN the very book they hold so "sacred"! They have their 10-12 verses... out of 10's of thousands... and totally disregard ALL others.

Although they SAY they SEE... they are BLIND guides. And because of this... they're not going in... and so always want to prevent those on their way in... to go in. THEY... try to "climb up some other place" and thus enter" through an inanimate object... and it's words. I have been granted "entry", however, and so go IN... and out... by THE Word, God's Son... the VERY Door, himself... whom these do NOT know. John 1:14; 10:7, 9

They don't know him... because they STILL need to "see" the Law written... on [stone] "tablets"... rather than "SEEING" the One who WRITES THE LAW ON OUR HEARTS.

So be it. Such ones cannot stop me, though, because it isn't THROUGH them... or those THEY follow... that I "enter." It isn't FROM them that I have received permission TO enter. And they don't get the SENSE of what I share... because THEY have not entered... because THEIR hearing (the VOICE of the Holy Spirit)... is DULL. They don't hear HIM... because they don't know HOW to hear him... because they have been told they CANNOT hear him... because he does not SPEAK... which is a LIE. And because of BELIEVING this LIE... they neither KNOW the One through whom ALL must enter, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... or His Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

Thus, they are among those of whom my Lord will say, "Get AWAY from me... I NEVER KNEW...YOU."

And yet, may the Holy One of Israel, my Lord and master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... whose heart is MERCIFUL... grant them ears TO hear... as such granting has been granted HIM... by the MOST Holy One of Israel, the TRUE God, JAH... of Armies... IF they so wish it.

My peace remains.

A slave of Christ... and servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with,

SA (who is now off to respond to "some" of dear Javig's... well, commentary...)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When Jesus said to those " You called me Lord, Lord, but I do not know you", he was referring to those that SAY they do the Good deeds that he mentioned in Matthew (26?, I can't remember now...) and those that do those deeds with "ultierior" motives ( For recompense for example).

Jesus's gentle rebuke of Thomas was as much as rebuke as it was a commedation for all those that, with no proof or reason to believe, believe in his ressurection. I don't think that Jesus had issues with what Thomas said or he would have said so, Jesus lost his temper with his "dimwitted"Apostles a few times to say the least.

Thomas's "revelation" is in line with the established them of John's Gospel, from the very start Jesus ( The word) was God and Thomas finally realised this and so did the other apostles, and all it took was the ressurection, LOL !

Which, IF the NWT was correct in their "a god" translation, john would have written, " My Lord and a god of Me".

John didn't.

• javig
    javig

To aguest:

That I have not been able to address your previous questions, yet (peace to you!). Unfortunately, life... and another thread called. I had intended to get to it tonight... but I am now exhausted: I have been communing with the Spirit ALL day, today... and it can sometimes take a physical toll…..yes, been there…So, I will have to get to it tomorrow, but I appreciate your patience…I understand, I will wait its been great debating, studying and sharing. If I don’t get to you quick as sposible I ask you the same thing be patient. I do too im exhausted of studying this issue and for my certification as a mechanic for my company…

As to your last post, I have to say:

1. I do not intend to read it, as….fine its your choice

2. It is the opinings of a "scholar"…some articles are from a scholars on others are not…a good scholar or student always analysis both side of the coin…it is not an excuse

3. It is VERY long…take your time..that is not an excuse

4. The type is just too small in parts for my "old" eyes, and……copy and paste to word doc and change the font size…still not an excuse

5. I always choose the Holy Spirit's voice over earthling man's opinions anyway…a good bible student test everything with scriptures since they are too the words of the HS…and still is not an excuse

To psacramento:

What do you mean I have a pm? Not familiar with that term…sorry ….. J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit