is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

So what would happen if someday this Jesus figure walks up to you and says 'ya know the Adoptionists had it the closest'.

Could you take it in stride and keep on doing good. Are you ready to let the Filiogue drift off into history and get on with the more essential issues we have to take care of on this beautiful planet..

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

This is completely false and they know it.

jonathan,

Even some Catholics are rejecting the Trinity doctrine now and more are being enlightened. There was a discussion of this phenomenon on Channel C a few weeks ago. I did not come up with this because of the JW's. They keep getting details wrong and do not understand it themselves. The conclusions I came to were a product of my own research and a careful study or scripture and the way Trinitarian authors use texts. What others believe is not my problem.

Joseph

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

WHO DID JESUS PRAY TO WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

Are you ready to let the Filiogue drift off into history and get on with the more essential issues we have to take care of on this beautiful planet..

I think I see where you're coming from. Having trouble letting go of the dream?

You really still believe in paradise earth, but do you think you are Jehovah or are you going to transform the planet yourself?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Even some Catholics are rejecting the Trinity doctrine now

Many will fall away from the truth. Following your logic then, persons who reject the WT teaching are right because they rejected their doctrines. You want to dig a bit deeper here.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#21

21) Phillip said to Jesus, "Show us the Father" - (John 14:8-10)[Top]

One of Christ’s most emphatic declarations that he was, and is, God, is found at John 14:8-10.

Phillip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Phillip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me?”

Any claim by the Jehovah's Witnesses that Jesus thought of himself here as nothing more than a man is absurd. Of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses argue that Jesus could not have meant this because Jesus could be seen but God is an invisible spirit and no one has seen God at any time. Therefore Jesus could not be God. But again they fail to understand the two-fold nature of the divine person of Christ, the hypostatic union, and the indwelling of the Persons of the Trinity (see section 5). It is not the created humanity of Christ that is the Father. Jesus was referring to the divine person who assumed a human nature when He answered Phillip, and in this Person dwelt the fullness of the Godhead (Colossians 2:9).

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    WHO DID JESUS PRAY TO WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH?

Jesus, the creature, the created humanity, the man of the God-man hypostatic union who is not the Almighty, was praying to his Father.

Start here if you want to learn.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#1

• designs
    designs

DD, it is a paradise, our job as stewards is to take care of it everyday and pass it on to all of the generations to come.

Roll up your sleeves and help out in the community in which you live, everyone can do it.

According to your hypostatic unionistic belief we all are jehovah...... 'for where is God not"!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

If Jesus was praying to his Father than he couldn't have been God. Jesus even said he HAD a God. John20:17

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    If Jesus was praying to his Father than he couldn't have been God. Jesus even said he HAD a God. John20:17

You're not paying attention. As I said, contrary to what you have been taught, incorrectly, Trinitarians (Christians) do not teach that Jesus the creature is the Almighty. This is basic Christian teaching. Jesus was and is God-man. It was the man who was praying to the Father, not God praying to God. If you're serious about understanding this try putting just a little effort into reading something besides the material they provide you because most of that is wrong. You've been mislead about what the doctrine teaches. If you just want to repeat what they tell you to repeat without applying your ability to reason, then skip this post. But you're only fooling yourself. You need to peel the onion back and dig down through the layers. It's not complicated.

It's all right here in detail: http://www.144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#1

Intro to the above.

“The Christian doctrine of the Trinity is that there is one God, who exists in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three persons share the one divine nature. They are equal, co-eternal and omnipotent. They are distinct from one another: The Father has no source, the Son is born of the substance of the Father, the Spirit proceeds from the Father (or from the Father and the Son). Though distinct, the three persons cannot be divided from one another in being or in operation (Oxford Dictionary of the Bible [New York, Oxford University Press, Inc., 2005] 1207) (Oxford). With minor changes, the reformed Protestant churches have essentially adapted the Catholic teachings on the Trinity Doctrine (see section 12).

Central to the doctrine that God is three Persons in one nature is the premise that “Jesus is God,” a term which causes great confusion among the Jehovah’s Witnesses who unfortunately do not understand what is meant by this Trinitarian phrase or what the Trinity doctrine teaches. One of their more bizarre errors lies in believing that Christ is a created angel who became man and after the resurrection reverted back to being an angel.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses have published countless pages of criticism of Christian Trinitarianism, teaching that it is the work of Satan and utterly illogical. This relentless attack, however, is based upon certain misconceptions and falsehoods allowing them to capitalize on many unsuspecting individuals’ ignorance of accurate Trinity dogma.Three of the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ false teachings are particularly misleading and form the core vehicle for the dissemination of gross distortions.

First, they do not understand that a "Person" is not a material human being like you or I. Persons of the Trinity are spirit. Secondly, they do not understand that God is "three" in one sense, and "one" in a completey different sense. And third, the Jehovah’s Witnesses are unwilling or unable to acknowledge or grasp the concept of the hypostatic union, the union that is the God-man Jesus, who is fully God the Son and fully man, a divine Person who assumed a human nature. Intertwined with this concept is the often ignored principle that the created humanity of Jesus is not God. Accordingly, Jesus, the man in the God-man equation, could pray to His Father and acknowledge His Father’s superiority without committing any doctrinal contradictions. The Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the other hand, teach that the incarnate Jesus was nothing more or less than a man.

This treatise begins by shining a light on the worst of the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ misunderstandings, and goes on to explain in greater detail what the Trinity doctrine actually teaches. From there, many of the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ arguments against the doctrine of the Trinity are disposed of in light of more accurate teaching, after which a further examination is made of scriptural support for the Trinity in the Bible.

A major section is then devoted to select Bible verses that prove that Jesus was, and is, God, followed by a brief summary of early Trinitarian theology which provides us with a better understanding of the doctrine’s foundation. The concluding section is devoted to the issue of Jesus Christ being a created angel.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses, whose religion is essentially 4th century Arian Subordinationism (see section 41) have said many things about the doctrine of the Trinity that are simply not true. Out of a sense of common decency and respect, those who propound and believe in the doctrine and people who seek to understand it better are entitled at a minimum to a fair hearing on the issues, which is the primary goal of this work.

But before you begin, it is very important to understand two simple concepts which lie at the heart of the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ errors; the difference between immanent Trinity and economic Trinity, and how their religion has commingled them resulting in untold confusion.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Roll up your sleeves and help out in the community in which you live, everyone can do it.

Do you have any idea of what you are talking about? Is this where you are going brag to us about the works you do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit