is jesus a god?

by javig 304 Replies latest watchtower bible

• javig
    javig

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and was made man, and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried, and the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father. And he shall come again with glory to judge both the quick and the dead, whose kingdom shall have no end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets. And we believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

why this creed? The Arians separated the Son from God entirely so that they believed he was a creature having a beginning.... just like JWs

Athanasian Creed

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the persons, nor dividing the substance.

For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit. But the godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is all one, the glory equal, the majesty co-eternal.

Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.

The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal. And yet they are not three eternals, but one Eternal.

As also there are not three incomprehensibles, nor three uncreated, but one Uncreated, and one Incomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Spirit Almighty. And yet they are not three almighties, but one Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. And yet they are not three gods, but one God.

So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord. And yet not three lords, but one Lord.

For as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge each Person by Himself to be both God and Lord, so we are also forbidden by the catholic religion to say that there are three gods or three lords.

The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Spirit is of the Father, neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is one Father, not three fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

And in the Trinity none is before or after another; none is greater or less than another, but all three Persons are co-eternal together and co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.

He therefore that will be saved must think thus of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right faith is, that we believe and confess, that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man; God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of the substance of his mother, born in the world; perfect God and perfect man, of a rational soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching His godhead; and inferior to the Father, as touching His manhood; who, although He is God and man, yet he is not two, but one Christ; one, not by conversion of the godhead into flesh but by taking of the manhood into God; one altogether; not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person. For as the rational soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ; who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, He sits at the right hand of the Father, God Almighty, from whence He will come to judge the quick and the dead. At His coming all men will rise again with their bodies and shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.

This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he cannot be saved.

Please note that the term "catholic" with the lower case 'c' is not a reference to the Roman Catholic Church, but is a reference to the universal Christian faith, since that is how the term was originally used.

ONENESS= EVERYBODY IS EVERYBODY

MODALISM= ONE BECAME ANOTHER AND THE ANOTHER IS THE OTHER ONE

TRINITY OR JEHOVA OR GOD = FATHER, SON, HS, ALL THREE DIVINE AND DISTINCT...

• javig
    javig

NICENE CREED

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

This creed was first formulated at the First Ecumenical Council, held at Nicea, located in what is now Turkey, in 325, as a response to the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ. It was revised at the Second Ecumenical Council, held at Constantinople in 381 as a response to the Macedonian or Pneumatomachian heresy, which denied the divinity of the Holy Spirit.

ASTHANASIAN CREED

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the persons, nor dividing the substance.

For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit. But the godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is all one, the glory equal, the majesty co-eternal.

Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.

The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal. And yet they are not three eternals, but one Eternal.

As also there are not three incomprehensibles, nor three uncreated, but one Uncreated, and one Incomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Spirit Almighty. And yet they are not three almighties, but one Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. And yet they are not three gods, but one God.

So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord. And yet not three lords, but one Lord.

For as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge each Person by Himself to be both God and Lord, so we are also forbidden by the catholic religion to say that there are three gods or three lords.

The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Spirit is of the Father, neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is one Father, not three fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

And in the Trinity none is before or after another; none is greater or less than another, but all three Persons are co-eternal together and co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.

He therefore that will be saved must think thus of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right faith is, that we believe and confess, that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man; God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of the substance of his mother, born in the world; perfect God and perfect man, of a rational soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching His godhead; and inferior to the Father, as touching His manhood; who, although He is God and man, yet he is not two, but one Christ; one, not by conversion of the godhead into flesh but by taking of the manhood into God; one altogether; not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person. For as the rational soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ; who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, He sits at the right hand of the Father, God Almighty, from whence He will come to judge the quick and the dead. At His coming all men will rise again with their bodies and shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.

This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he cannot be saved.

This creed is attributed to Athanasius, the fourth century bishop of Alexandria who was the strongest defender of the doctrines of the Trinity and the divinity of Christ. It defines the doctrines of the Trinity and the nature of Christ in very concise language.

CHALCEDONIAN CREED

We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

This creed was adopted at the Fourth Ecumenical Council, held at Chalcedon, located in what is now Turkey, in 451, as a response to certain heretical views concerning the nature of Christ. It established the orthodox view that Christ has two natures (human and divine) that are unified in one person.

TODAYS CREED

ONENESS=EVERYBODY IS EVERYBODY AND EVERYBODY IS ONE

MODALISM=ONE BECAME ANOTHER AND THE ANOTHER IS THE ONE.........the creeds are very clear any doubts or confusion? read your bible plz

• javig
    javig
    The Trinity
    FATHERSONHOLY SPIRIT
    Called GodPhil. 1:2John 1:1 , 14 ; Col. 2:9Acts 5:3-4
    CreatorIsaiah 64:8John 1:3 ; Col. 1:15-17Job 33:4 , 26:13
    Resurrects1 Thess. 1:10John 2:19 , 10:17Rom. 8:11
    Indwells2 Cor. 6:16Col. 1:27John 14:17
    Everywhere1 Kings 8:27Matt. 28:20Psalm 139:7-10
    All knowing1 John 3:20John 16:30 ; 21:171 Cor. 2:10-11
    Sanctifies1 Thess. 5:23Heb. 2:111 Pet. 1:2
    Life giverGen. 2:7 : John 5:21John 1:3 ; 5:212 Cor. 3:6 , 8
    Fellowship1 John 1:31 Cor. 1:92 Cor. 13:14 ; Phil. 2:1
    EternalPsalm 90:2Micah 5:1-2Rom. 8:11 ; Heb. 9:14
    A WillLuke 22:42Luke 22:421 Cor. 12:11
    SpeaksMatt. 3:17 ; Luke 9:25Luke 5:20 ; 7:48Acts 8:29 ; 11:12 ; 13:2
    LoveJohn 3:16Eph. 5:25Rom. 15:30
    Searches
    the heart
    Jer. 17:10Rev. 2:231 Cor. 2:10
    We belong to John 17:9John 17:6. . .
    Savior1 Tim. 1:1 ; 2:3 ; 4:102 Tim. 1:10 ; Titus 1:4 ; 3:6. . .
    We serveMatt. 4:10Col. 3:24. . .
    Believe inJohn 14:1John 14:1. . .
    Gives joy

. . .

John 15:11John 14:7
    JudgesJohn 8:50John 5:22 , 30

. . .

• javig
    javig

You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me," ( Isaiah 43:10 ).

JESUS

IS

GOD, "YAHWEH"

John 1:3 , "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."
    Col. 1:16-17 , "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

Creator

Job 33:4 , "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
    Isaiah 40:28 , "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
    Rev. 1:17 , "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: ‘Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.’"
    Rev. 2:8 , "To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again."
    Rev. 22:13 , "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

First and Last

Isaiah 41:4 , "Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD -- with the first of them and with the last -- I am he."
    Isaiah 44:6 , "This is what the LORD says -- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."
    Isaiah 48:12 , "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last."
    John 8:24 , "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." (NKJV)
    John 8:58 , "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" See Exodus 3:14
    John 13:19 , "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He."

I AM

"ego eimi"

Exodus 3:14 , "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"
    Isaiah 43:10 , "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."
    See also Deut. 32:39
    2 Tim. 4:1 , "In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge..."
    2 Cor. 5:10 , "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

Judge

Joel 3:12 , "Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side."
    Rom. 14:10 , "You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat."
    Matt. 2:2 , "...Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."
    Luke 23:3 , "So Pilate asked Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews?" "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied."
    See also John 19:21

King

Jer. 10:10 , "But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King. When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath."
    Isaiah 44:6-8 , "This is what the LORD says -- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."
    See also Psalm 47
    John 8:12 ,"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
    Luke 2:32 , "a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel."
    See also John 1:7-9

Light

Psalm 27:1 , "The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear?"
    Isaiah 60:20 ,"our sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end."
    1 John 1:5 , "God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."
    1 Cor. 10:4 , "...for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ."
    See also 1 Pet. 2:4-8 .

Rock

Deut. 32:4 , "He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he."
    See also 2 Sam. 22:32 and Isaiah 17:10 .
    John 4:42 , "They said to the woman, ‘We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.’"
    1 John 4:14 , "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world."

Savior

Isaiah 43:3 , "For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior"
    Isaiah 45:21 , "...And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me."
    John 10:11 , "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
    Heb. 13:20 , "May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,"
    See also John 10:14 , 16 ; 1 Pet. 2:25

Shepherd

Psalm 23:1 , "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."
    Isaiah 40:11 , "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
  • javig
    javig

i have some questions for jws

1) why i cant worship jesus when he was the one who died for my sin? isn't enough reason to worship him?

2) why i can't worship jesus when he was the one who gave me eternal life? still not enough reason?

3) why i can't worship jesus when he was the ONLY ONE who suffered for my sins? at least he deserves real worship or not?

4) jesus can do all the above but still no worship...uhh?...the one who gave you eternal life by giving up his life is not enough reason to worship jesus?

5) would someone explain to me why jesus can't receive worship?...i know one thing for sure...if you died in my place for my sins and gave me life...you deserve my praises and life and of course WORSHIP....

J ust

E ternal

S overeign

U nique

S aviour

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit