Russian JWs in Serious Trouble - about to be banned

by Dogpatch 106 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

dissed - problem is that they released Rutherford instead of keeping him in prison for a long long time :(

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

I agree with Besty that it might be far more effective to have a government based information program on Jehovah's Witnesses. The WTBTS has its own ways of persecuting the 'rank and file'. I think the public should be educated about these things.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Now, they know who is the king of the north, again. Karmageddon is defintely just around the conner.

No big deal, really, if they are real christians. Christians only need the bible, and i didn'y see the nwt on the banned list. They can still meet and recite wt bs. Too bad that the wt cancelled the book study in homes. Oh well.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"While I am all for free speech, the fact is the WT$ is both a dangerous cult and a hate group. I'm not sorry to see them banned in Russia or any other country.

Here's hoping that other governments are paying attention and follow suit."

If only the door-to-door work could be curtailed so that innocent and uninformed folks would not be sucked into the WTS deliberate and clever methodical indoctrination program without a clue as to where it is all leading them until it is too late! This would cut down on the contact and the control the JWs have when unsuspecting people open their doors to the face the slick and smooth ways the WTS has taught their followers.....all under the guise of "true worship" in their Kingdom Halls during the "Service Meetings and the Ministry Schools".

This method is their claim to fame and despite the thousands of hours it takes to make a WTS disciple, it is still their main boasting point that "only they" do the door-to-door work (cough) as Jesus did. Take this away and they become just another offbeat and fringe religion. They have already EARNED the label of cult.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Now, they know who is the king of the north, again. Karmageddon is defintely just around the conner.

No big deal, really, if they are real christians. Christians only need the bible, and i didn'y see the nwt on the banned list. They can still meet and recite wt bs. Too bad that the wt cancelled the book study in homes. Oh well.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

S

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Freedom of worship ends where child sacrifice begins. Even in the "freedom of religion" US, parents can't slaughter their children in sacrifice to "god". Yet, that is what Watchtower Corp. does when insisting refusal of blood, clearly in the case of children, but similarly with the threat of disfellowshipping for adults. It becomes human sacrifice.

Russia could choose to campaign against the JW blood refusal. Spread information on their misinterpretation of scriptures, and why "true christians" and even Orthodox Jews accept medical use of donor blood. It should cause some dubs to open their eyes when info becomes widely circulated, including information on the deaths of children and how the threat of disfellowshipping is used to coerce believers into rejecting medical treatment based on crappy information from a bunch of false prophets. Might as well include quotes of Watchtower flip-flops on blood, blood fractions, and transplants.

Unfortunately, Russia hasn't called me for advice.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I don't agree with all of you saying that a ban would cause an increase in their numbers. I think that's just a JW myth - the idea that they work covertly when banned. I know that they have not done this in some places (they won't preach to Muslims in Malaysia because of a ban there). I think it's fake. If there's chance of them losing something, they'll cave in rather than risking anything. Sure they might keep up a token effort, but I don't think they'll really be fully engaged in "spiritual warfare".

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree that their days of warfare are over. They have been wimpy for quite a few yrs, now. They only talk about it. They like going up against harmless girls that have been victimised, rather than against govts.

S

• dissed
    dissed

This is materialistic Russia we are talking about, the underground JW stuff doesn't have the sex appeal it used to have. Russia still has openess and freedom, not like Stalin stuff. Those are in the bygone days.

I say the restrictions will slow down the work unless, the WTS can give money away like other churches do. Did you see that CA picture posted awhile ago from Russia. Almost no kids in attendance, similar to the USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit