Russian JWs in Serious Trouble - about to be banned

by Dogpatch 106 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

jonathan, please check this country lately, our rights are getting smaller and smaller

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have to agree with Mary, in the 80's and 90's almost every WT article defamed other religions.

I remember the international assembly in montreal, and WT had a couple of proclamations that ALL the witlesses clapped their hands to, in those proclamations they abhorred and called out babylon the great and such! when the same happens in reverse to them they cry like a baby!

f*&% you WT

all you Witlesses in russia get out of her, for her sins are great

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I remember the international assembly in montreal,

Ugh, I was there in 1985 and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Even the week I spent in jail in 1982 was less depressing. If I had half a brain I would have left the cult that weekend.

W

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we stayed at the rousillon, almost 1 hour drive, those approved lists sucked!

what was it, 1985 and 1988?

• jonathan dough
  • jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    jonathan, please check this country lately, our rights are getting smaller and smaller

I'm fully aware of that. In fact, that is my warning. Let's not make them smaller.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

DaCheech: I was only there in '85. I vowed I'd never go there again. I camped in a leaky pup tent. It rained the entire weekend. I had $70 worth of "food tickets" and there was no food at the stands. I didn't have a proper meal the entire weekend. None of the JWs in my own congregation would even speak to me, and I sat alone through the entire convention.

I tried to go in '78 but my bike blew a head gasket just east of Kingston. I was just a 'study' at the time. Some of my buddies came to get me with a U-haul and we spent the rest of the weekend stoning.

W

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Russia is not the United State and it does not have "freedom of religion" so to state that they shouldn't ban the Witnesses is a moot point.

That's not a moot point at all but highly relevant. Russia is rapidly losing any semblance of freedom and democracy they pretended to practice, and criticism of that ominous trend is as vital as our criticism of other nations that violate basic human rights. Obviously our laws aren't their laws, and no, we are not Russia, yet, but that shouldn't prevent the U.S from pressuring the Russians from restraining themselves. We do it all the time around the world. This country stands for some things, and we should be grateful it shines a light of democracy and freedom into the darker corners.

But let's be realistic, those freedoms are fading fast, the constitution is being shredded and we are gradually becoming more and more like .... the Russians ....

Now, as far as Russia not having "freedom of religion," I suspect that is a bit of an overstatement. If you could show us something concrete to back up your claim we might be more inclined to believe that. But I doubt it. And even if Russia didn't have any freedom of religion, that doesn't mean they're right. It means they are ignorant, backward, heathens.

http://144000.110mb.com/607/i-2.html#E

• yknot
    yknot

I think the main thing here is the concept of freedom of religion, thought and speech which most of us in Western or Westernized countries enjoy to the point of taking them for granted.

The WTS was originally eyeing the Eastern Block as a potential income replacements for waning numbers from the US, Europe, AU/NZ and Japan so while I think they are going to encourage this ban it will only be to garner a worldwide outcry by human rights activist regarding freedom of religion, afterwards they will negotiate as they have with other countries to reach a amicable agreement probably after 2014.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Billy said: "Freedom of worship ends where child sacrifice begins"

This is the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. I think it's safe to safe everyone here is on the side of free speech. But freedoms can only extend so far. I also draw the line at child sacrifice.

Sunspot said: "If only the door-to-door work could be curtailed so that innocent and uninformed folks would not be sucked into the WTS deliberate and clever methodical indoctrination program without a clue as to where it is all leading them until it is too late!"

I agree wholeheartedly. Being under ban should go a long way towards accomplishing this. I'd like to see other governments follow suit, at least until such time as the WT$ reforms.

jonathan dough said: "Now, just to qualify what I said, I also think they are a Jones Town cult even though they don't know it. When THAT line has been crossed, I would hope the government does the right thing and steps in before it is too late. It's not there yet."

They've already crossed a line, the line of child sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit