Russian JWs in Serious Trouble - about to be banned

by Dogpatch 106 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    jonathan dough said: "Now, just to qualify what I said, I also think they are a Jones Town cult even though they don't know it. When THAT line has been crossed, I would hope the government does the right thing and steps in before it is too late. It's not there yet."
    They've already crossed a line, the line of child sacrifice.

I have to agree with you that they have crossed that line in this regard, the Baal worship of child sacrifice. Courts don't seem to think so, though. They still allow it here, don't they? I think there are better ways to deal with this than banning the entire religion outright.

http://144000.110mb.com/607/i-3.html

• jonathan dough
  • yknot
    yknot

So does parental rights end when say a parent decides not to vaccinate their child(ren)?

• peacedog
    peacedog

"I think there are better ways to deal with this than banning the entire religion outright."

jonathan, I sort of agree with you on this. I mentioned previously that I think the religion ought to be banned until necessary reforms are made. But unless and until those reforms are made, I support the religion being under ban.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    But unless and until those reforms are made, I support the religion being under ban.

Why don't we try and get legislation passed to deal with the problem instead? Have the courts recognized a parent's constitutional right to restrict their minor child's blood transfusion? I'm not up on these laws. Anybody know? Don't you have to prove they are violating the law first? If it's legal who are we to ban the religion outright?

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#26

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    So does parental rights end when say a parent decides not to vaccinate their child(ren)?

Yes, endangering your kids should not be a "right".

• jonathan dough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit