I bet you a dollar Obama wins The Nobel Peace Prize

by wouldacouldashoulda 65 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Rome - White smoke has been seen pouring from the chimney atop the Sistine Chapel signaling a new Pope has been elected by the College of Cardinals. An audible gasp was heard, quickly followed by loud ovations, as the Cardinals announced that US President Barak Obama is the new Pope. Upon hearing the news, the President said, "I am humbled." While admitting he is not even Catholic, Obama said, "Heck yes I accept" adding later that he would not be changing his name because he thought the practice is "stupid." This marks the first time a sitting US President has been selected Pope.

Beverly Hills - Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts, and Sciences President Sid Ganis has announced that US President Barak Obama has won the Oscar for Best Actor, Best Costume, Best Director, Best Writer, Best Screenplay, and Best Picture. The unprecedented announcement brought an audible gasp followed by wild applause from the assembled press. Upon hearing the news the President said, "I am humbled." While admitting he wasn't even in a movie during 2009 Obama said, "Heck yes I accept." He later quipped that he hoped he would also get one of those gift bags that are handed out to participants. "I heard they are filled with some great stuff," the President stated with a laugh. Nominations for the awards close in January 2010. The Academy Awards will be broadcast on March 7, 2010.

Cooperstown - Major League Baseball has announced that US Presdent Barak Obama has been named the 2009 World Series Most Valuable Player. The announcement brought a loud gasp from the assembled sports writers followed by wild cheering. Upon hearing the news the President said, "I am humbled." He added that even though he prefers basketball over baseball he would indeed accept the award. Predictably right wing agitators noted that the timing of the announcement was suspect. One was overheard saying he couldn't understand how anybody could win Series MVP when the World Series has not been played yet. "For crying out loud the playoffs just started," he noted with obvious disgust. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi released a statement saying that it was "unfortunate that some Americans would seek to diminish the latest accomplishment of our President when the entire country is facing an uncertain future."

Washington - The US Supreme Court has ruled that President Barak Obama has prevailed in the Florida recount and therefore wins the 2000 Presidential election. Developing...

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

how does a leader of a country at war with 2 other countries win a 'Peace' award?!

This Nobel committee is incoherent. They award Obama the Peace Prize even before he has started any war, whilst Kissinger received it after he had put an end to the war he himslf had extended to Cambodia, with the Khmer rouge bloodbath that ensued.

Hope this prize is not a somber omen, peace loving Woodrow WILSON had to engage the US in WW1 (the French said great thanks to him and Gen Patton at the time, btw).

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

My mistake, it was Pershing

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I wonder if the Nobel Prize Committee is as sorry for their decision as many Americans are for voting in a fraud?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091013/wl_afp/usafghanistanmilitarytroops_20091013051645

Obama approves 13,000 more troops to Afghanistan

AFP

• Tue Oct 13, 1:15 am ET </form></form>

WASHINGTON (AFP) – In an unannounced move, President Barack Obama is dispatching an additional 13,000 US troops to Afghanistan beyond the 21,000 he announced publicly in March, The Washington Post reported.

The additional forces are primarily support forces -- such as engineers, medical personnel, intelligence experts and military police -- the Post said, bringing the total buildup Obama has approved for the war-torn nation to 34,000.

"Obama authorized the whole thing. The only thing you saw announced in a press release was the 21,000," a defense official familiar with the troop-approval process told the daily.

The report, posted on the newspaper's website late Monday, came as Obama weighs a request from the top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, General Stanley McChrystal, for more combat, training and support troops, with several options including one for 40,000 more forces.

But the newspaper noted that the maximum number of US service members expected in Afghanistan by year's end -- 68,000 -- would remain the same.

Major deployments of support troops have not been publicized by the Pentagon and the White House in the past. When former president George W. Bush announced a US troop increase in Iraq, he only mentioned 20,000 combat troops and not the accompanying 8,000 support troops.

The troop increase approved by Obama brought the level of US forces deployed in the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters to a total greater than during the peak of the surge in Iraq in late 2007 and early 2008.

At the start of this month, some 65,000 US forces are currently in Afghanistan and about 124,000 in Iraq, compared to around 26,000 US troops in Afghanistan and 160,000 in Iraq at the height of the Iraq surge, according to a troop count by the Post.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is good news, OhioCowboy. He is dispatching more of the world's greatest peacekeepers to a troubled part of the world. We need to get Afghanistan resolved ASAP, and we won't do that by waffling.

But isn't the timing interesting? Obama waffled on the decision until just AFTER receiving the prize.

BTS

• leavingwt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit