wouldacouldashoulda

Any takers?

w

• yesidid
    yesidid

That he has won is wonderful.

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

No offense but what has he done yet. A lettuce would have looked good as President after Bush. He beat 204 peoplemany who had suffered for years and who had acheived great things.

Commentators have said this award dilutes the credibility of the prize.

w

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow, and he was nominated within 2 weeks of taking office! I thought a person actually had to do something to be nominated, let alone awarded this prize.

Free Peace Prize in every box of

Anyways, congrats to Mr. Obama on winning the Affirmative Action Nobel Peace Prize!!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

If Al (I invented the internet) Gore can win it, who cares.

What a joke!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

It would have been better not to nominate someone who's conducting a war.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Congratulations Mr President!

It's too bad that such short sightedness and denial exist to the extent it does in the USA. The rest of the world was weary and frustrated with America because of the policies of George Bush. The global economy has been ruined by the actions on Wall Street and the bombing and occupation of Iraq - the lies and corruption that have become part of the adjectives used to describe the USA - these things have caused a loss of trust, a loss of faith in the rest of the world and how it chooses to view and interact with America.

Obama, simply by being elected, was a measure of progressiveness that the rest of the world began to see. That maybe the USA had gotten over it's racial divide, that maybe the people too wanted a President that was willing to work for his own people and with the rest of the world instead of against it. That maybe change would happen - and change would restore faith in the leadership of a great country.

I think Obama has been trying to bring about dialogue and cohesion within his own country and around the world - he's trying to show the world that America is not two-faced any longer. Sadly, his own country continues to refuse to see how important it is to the USA to change their image around the world. If nobody trusts you, nobody wants to deal with you. China, Russia, Brazil, France, Japan to name a few - all are moving toward another world currency and it is expected that others will follow and sooner rather than later - this is to avoid another replay of what just happened with the 'too big to fail' allowances made in the USA. Once this happens, the USA cannot dominate the playing field and unless we change our image, our game plan, and start working with everyone else - they will simply stop working with us. At this point the USA cannot make it on it's own - it has become too global - and what Obama is doing is restoring some of that balance.

Do I think he deserves a Nobel prize for it? Not really - but I still recognize the importance of what he is doing and the respect he deserves for his actions to this point. sammieswife.

• VIII
    VIII

I thought I was reading The Onion when I opened up Reuters this morning. I just logged on the computer, hadn't heard the news and started laughing. Then I realized it wasn't a joke.

But, really it is. On the world.

Ah well, after the Olympic fiasco, he needs his boo boo soothed. A Nobel prize should make him feel better.

He's in good company: Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, two more guys who hadn't accomplished anything.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So riddle me this... how does a leader of a country at war with 2 other countries win a 'Peace' award?!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Wow. Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, now Barry Obama. The Nobel Peace Prize has lost all credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit