I bet you a dollar Obama wins The Nobel Peace Prize

by wouldacouldashoulda 65 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

One of the other people nominated for the NBP was the Honorable Morgan Tsvangirai. Read a little about him, and you will see that he has done an incredible amount of hard work and determination to change Zimbabwe for the better and to bring Democracy to the people there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsvangirai

For years, this Honorable Gentleman (Tsvangirai) has let his actions speak louder than words, and has even been physically beaten and arrested in his desire to bring real change to his country. Yet, a person who has done nothing, (besides begging, bowing to real leaders and apologizing for the United States) who can't speak without the aid of a teleprompter, and was a virtual unknown 2 years ago except for his involvement with one of the most corrupt cities in the U.S. is chosen instead. The prize may as well have gone to ASCORN ACORN.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The wars that the USA is currently involved in are a result of the previous administration. Iraq was bombed and millions blown up and displaced, museums, houses, hospitals, schools and libraries all destroyed because Bush and some of his friends made a conscience decision to act in such a destructive way and then lie to their own citizens to justify it. Nobody, even when they knew that Bush had lied, had the balls to stand up and demand impeachment. Nobody. Bush gave a wink and a nod to contractors that bilked the American people out of millions and millions of dollars in order to reconstruct Iraq and supply goods to the troops. All based on a lie - 4,000+ Americans dead, supposedly protecting their country from harm - all on a lie.

Obama has been in office 9 months - not long enough to undo all of that damage and every other destructive thing the Bush bunch did. Let's be real.

Incidentally, there is no longer any reason to define only a few cities as corrupt - the entire government at all levels are corrupt, a result of the bribery that is called lobbying in the US political system. sammieswife.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
    where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.
    O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love;
    for it is in giving that we receive,
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
    Amen.
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Once they gave this character one of those awards, it just didn't mean very much to me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The $1 million+ prize money would be sweet, however.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The hate and vitriol spewing from the right wing over this is very telling. It really drives home the point that the ONLY thing they care about is making sure the President fails so that they can regain power. It's so pathetically un-patriotic.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I never realized that all it took was a lot of big talk to win a prize. I always thought a person actually had to do something, and not just talk about it.

I've never been involved in any war on any level. Maybe I should get a prize too.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Obama is willing to reach across the aisle, as it were, in the pursuit of peace.

Arafat, to the extent of being vilified by his own faction, was willing to do the same.

Isn't that the way it should be?

Sylvia

• vilot
    vilot

The Nobel Peace prize has ceased to be about accomplishment. It is all political. He got the prize 2 Weeks after he was sworn in. Sure consider him after a couple of years after we see his accomplishments... The Nobel Peace prize is a joke...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jeep,

I'm seeing lots of surprise. Below is a screenshot of the Yahoo! News headline. They're using the word "stunner".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit