new WT rule: no holding hands durning public prayer!

by leftchica 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"It sounds like some single, bitter, bastard in the writing department has a bug up their arsch................."

Who needs to get laid

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

This might be when I get forcibly removed from the congregation because I still intend to put my arm around my wife and also children during prayer. They'll be reading my name off from the platform as "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" for not cooperating with lame-ass rules and regulations that don't have a damn thing to do with worshipping the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I hate them.

EDIT: Furthermore, how in the hell do you misinterpret, say, a child putting both of their arms around their parents' waist? How can somebody be stumbled by this? The text clearly indicates that while they won't outlaw "handholding", they still don't prefer it - based on the military style photograph in the corner. Still, even if you concede to them that husband/wife embraces are inappropriate (which is completely idiotic, but let's keep moving), how do you deny a ten year old boy from wrapping his arms around his mother or father? What then, pedophilia?

This is an example of an organization that is full of itself to the extreme and it's clear that they don't have anything else to do. I guess they've run out of false prophecies and inane eschatology.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hahahaha that is to funny! Thank God I'm out! I can see why our generation is leaving the place. I could prob say I'd do it despite them. Lol sorry.. I'm a rebel.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

So what would happen if you kissed your wife during a prayer and one elder saw you? If he came up to me, I would ask him where his second witness was. Then I would ask him why his eyes were open. Then, if I was feeling really lucky, I would ask him why he was looking over at my wife and me.

JW's are working for the debil!

• cantleave
    cantleave

AE is right it doesn't condemn holding hands. But as Jehovah is the third strand in marriage surely the other two parts of the cord have the right to entwine when in communication with him during public prayer.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Next there will be a rule about opening your eyes during prayer.

Reminds me of a former Catholic friend who told me he left the church after the priest told him he would sin against the blood of Christ if he even accidentally bit into the communion wafer..................

Didnt Jesus warn against this kind of stuff?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I already said what I needed to say on the other threads....

How stupid is this? I swear *shakes head*

• ninja
    ninja

I suppose feeling the presiding overseers wifes boobs during the prayer is out too?....bloody pharisees

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I suppose feeling the presiding overseers wifes boobs during the prayer is out too?....bloody pharisees

You never saw my PO's wife. A prohibition on feeling her boobs would be a blessing to all mankind.

W

• ninja
    ninja

I like to live life on the edge walt....he he......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit