new WT rule: no holding hands durning public prayer!

by leftchica 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dagney
    Dagney

At first when I saw this I though "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!"

Then came, "Yeah, more of this fascinating spiritual light please." Don't get me on the "stumbled" part. What a joke. POS religion. I wonder if the JW's I dine with from time to time will still reach out to hold hands when the prayer is given?

Who cares about Deut. 4:2?

Dag of the "getting ready to visit JW elder brother and relatives and they are on my last nerve class."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It might not say "no holding hands", at least not directly. But, I will bet that the attendants are going to start enforcing that as the rule anyways--they might as well have put it in the washtowel, because people are going to be sensitized by this. As for full embraces, I have not seen those during prayers while I was a witless--I wonder where they came up with that, if not to exaggerate the hand-holding incidents that are common, put a washtowel blowing it to embracing, and watch the hounders enforce no hand-holding.

As if it made any difference? If religion wasn't so damn against humans having sex, no one would even be offended if they went all the way during the prayers. It would be accepted, so long as they did not prevent those who wanted to hear the prayer from hearing it. Otherwise, I think they need to just mind their own business. Or, watch people not go at all.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

So much micromanaging these days.

Bangalore

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I wish some large bunch of 'rebels' would hold hands with everyone - like some religious groups do. What would the elders do if everyone in the hall held hands at the prayer following this Watchtower study?

Now that might be something that would get me back inside the cult den one more time to see!

Jeff

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Wasn't there a Caleb & Sophia video recently which shows the family holding hands during prayer? Have they reversed their hand-holding policy??

Regardless, if JWs supposedly have their eyes closed during prayer, how would anyone know that a family was holding hands during prayer?

This cult has gotten utterly ridiculous over the years...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

True story, was in a hall in NYC and young pioneer couple embraced during prayer and they were talked to because some older dubs found it disturbing.

This is what a totalitarian religion does to people, makes them obsess about utter stupidity while ignoring major issues.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I love their sense of priority. Affection in the form of coming before your god as a loving couple unified by belief and a love for your god in the KH is more offensive than harboring Pedophiles? Wow these guys just never cease to amaze me. What amazes me even more though is how there are people that conform to this madness!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    On this subject - and forgive me if it seems crude - but this sort of stuff really makes me believe that marital sex under the auspices of the Org must be the most boring and pathetic experiences possible. its as if sex is tolerated only for the purpose of reproduction. I wonder how many JW ladies have ever experienced orgasm. Yech! what a miserable way to exist in the only life we'll ever have.....
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    In retrospect, this seems almost tame compared to what's coming out of WTHQ these days...
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo

Jesus begs to differ..

Mark 10:7-9

7"For this reason a man shall leave his mother and father, 8 AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."…

'No man' includes any self appointed governing body..

Holding your wife during prayer is the same as holding yourself.. I'm sure the God who cemented man and woman together would have no issue with this nor should anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit