Are you scared to watch the news?

by wantstoleave 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I'm a newbie as far as delving into information other than WT based, and have only just started posting on this board...so maybe the following thought will be old hat to some of you, not a concern or perhaps something you occasionally think about. But, are you scared to watch the news? Purely for the fact of seeing things go on in the world that would prompt you to think about your Jw upbringing? For instance, the banning of religion, things to do with the UN and the list goes on.

When you see or hear things, do your ears prick up and a wave of fear ripple through you? Like 'maybe the witnesses were right'...?

I suppose the longer one is out of the organisation, the less these things are a focus. That's why I wondered if it's just a thing I'm experiencing because I'm new to leaving. If anyone else out there feels like I do, give us a shout...lol.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome aboard. Nope, not frightened by news... that's the way of the world. Yes, you are still focused on the WT indoctrination. It'll fade. As I said, welcome. W.Once

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please name ONE THING they've ever predicted that came true.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Wasanelder :)

Leavingwt, the only way to answer that is to say 'still waiting'.... :)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Here's why their method works: if there is good news then it's a fulfillment of "peace and security". If there is bad news it's a fulfillment of the sign of the last days. Read Steve Hassan and Ray Franz's books. You'll get over the fear.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Leavingwt, the only way to answer that is to say 'still waiting'.... :)

They've been in business for more than 100 years.

Nothing has ever come true that they claimed.

Hundreds of thousands of JWs have died, waiting on false promises.

How many JW funerals have you been to? I cannot even count them all.

Every single one of those people thought that they would never die.

Eventually, it will be YOU and ME, lying in a casket, somewhere.

You can get busy living or get busy dying.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Jimmy :) That's the thing, I don't think I'm ready to read any literature yet :/ I think I'm ready to hear others opinions from this site and to leave the Wt behind...but feel trepidation at the thought of actively reading other material. Baby steps :)

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Leavingwt, accurate points.....but I won't be in a casket, I'll be cremated....lol...joking aside, I get your point. Thankyou :)

• mouthy
    mouthy

The only reason I hate listening to the news is because
    it is such horrible happenings. The world is certainly
    changing,since I was a girl.I put it down to drugs, booze,
    cults,money( love of it) sex( I want it I will get it even if I have to rape)
    Since womens lib! men have turned to using children,they cant fight back
    I think sex is a gift of our Creator,if used in love....But LOVE seems to
    be a thing we are devoid of lately....

That is my two cents worth....They will say these things have been in the world always.

YEs but not to the extent now

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"When you see or hear things, do your ears prick up and a wave of fear ripple through you? Like 'maybe the witnesses were right'...?"

That fear goes away with time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit