Are you scared to watch the news?

by wantstoleave 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, global warming, govts messing up? Hmm that means the end is near? Why do you say that?

• bobld
    bobld

You are so right,when I read the WATCHTOWER or AWAKE it scares to BEE GEE'S out of me.To think that I got suckered into this mind control Org.that cost me a shit load of trouble,man oh man it makes you shake in your boots.The NEWS is childs play.What people fail to see about todays news is the many ways it is b'cast,T.V.,internet,ipod.youtube,etc 24/7.

Also when some trifle thing happens today,which happened 100's of time before the WT witnesses will say"did you hear on the news today such and such happened, boy we are in the end, the end is so close,bah.bah bah."They wish for the end but they are only wishful thinkers.Do not fall for thier propanganda.

Bob

• cawshun
    cawshun

When my jw daughter hears something bad in the news, she just says, I know what's going to happen, so no sense worrying about trying to change anything.

My response to her is, so, do you think the Jew's thought Armegeddon was here when they were being exterminated?, what about the people of Dafur, when genicide was being done to them, do you think they may have thought this was Armegeddon? What about the people of Bosnia, when genecide was being committed on them? What about those tortured by Sadame Hussien, do you think they thought this was their Armeggdon? To me, our news isn't so bad compare to what these people went through. Maybe its not all the signs of the last day's, but I'm sure it seemed that way to these people.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

There have always been wars, always been earthquakes, hurricanes, famines, droughts, starving people, economic problems...ALWAYS. The only difference is now we hear and see about these things instantly as they occur worldwide. I doubt that people who lived during the depression as my parents did, who were in world wars I and II as my parents and grandparents were, or who lost the entire families during the Black Plague, would agree that we are living in WORSE times now than THOSE were.

The Watchtower Society exists solely on fear....make you FEAR outsiders, FEAR the news FEAR God, FEAR the end, FEAR that you arent worthy, FEAR you arent doing enough, FEAR that God will leave you, FEAR FEAR FEAR.

And they are damn good at it. What better way to make a kidnap victim stay and be silent than to instill FEAR into them of dire consequences that will happen to them and their family members, if they dare leave?

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. God never gave the self righteous egotists that run the WTS, ANY prophetic information or abilities. Every day that goes by we are "closer" to whatever is going to happen in the future. Kinda no way around that is there? Hugs

• nelly136
    nelly136

with cameras reporters and technology to get information from one end of the world to another in seconds youre going to hear and see more.

but its always been there.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

nelly 136....yes sad that many will die. Jah will only destroy wicked people. Surely you want pedophiles,rapists etc to be gone.?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The WT uses Matt 24 OUT OF CONTEXT to make their followers look at every world event and think it means the end is near. Watch:

Matthew 24:1-51

</form></form>

1 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU , By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”

3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU ; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 Y OU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU , and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

The WT focuses only on verse 7 and assert those happenings mean the end is almost here. However, reading from verse 3 on and following the conversation it is clear Jesus is telling them not to be deceived by false Christs or world events. These things have and always will happen. Later on he gives the sign of his presence- the celestial phenomenon. His coming will be so visible and unmistakable there will be no question.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

We know babylon the great will fall. why would we not want to keep on the watch, stay awake? We look at things happening in the world and see the signs and we wait...micah 7v7.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Micah 7:7 is great AE. Apply that- trust in the Lord, not the GB.

Babylon the Great- what is babylon the Great AE?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

aha.....well its also false religion, the mother of harlets.....yuk

rev 17....think its verse 4 or 5??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit