Are you scared to watch the news?

by wantstoleave 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Does the Bible define Babylon the Great as false relgion AE, or does the Wt do that? Rev 17 says:

<< Revelation 17 >>
    American Standard Version

1 And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls, and spake with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters; 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and they that dwell in the earth were made drunken with the wine of her fornication. 3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stone and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations, even the unclean things of her fornication, 5 and upon her forehead a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The mother of harlots is the name written on it. Where does it say false relgion (which according to the Gb is everyone but them)?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The news is nothing,compared to World Wide Genocide..

The WBT$ and Jehovah`s Witness`s Support..

As long as Jehovah`s Witness`s have thier Heads stuck up thier Ass..

The world will always look Shitty!..

........................................OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

unfortunately we seem to have a different definition of the jw understanding of wicked. my personal wicked would include child molesters rapists etc,

the understanding of destruction of wicked i was brought up with as a jw was far more along the lines of near total wipeout and that would include anyone who had the misfortune to reject jwism. so... either jws have totally changed their tune/my memory isnt what it used to be, or you dont actually comprehend how many deaths youre looking forward to.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The news is nothing,compared to World Wide Genocide..The WBT$ and Jehovah`s Witness`s Support..

Spot on with that one, Outlaw..Personally we have always been newsfreaks in this house . When I was a dub I would hope foe confirmation of the beliefs, now I know better I just like to know what they are saying and compare the channels. Satellite TV is great. I can see news services from all around the world

When I was leaving, the realisation that the WT was wrong was so complete, that I never had second thoughts that they could be right after all.

• darthfader
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lets make a few things clear, Jesus's statements about earth quakes, illness and famines were not "warnings" or "signs" of things to come but a statement of things that will happen, as they were already happening and had already happened in the past, he said to NOT be alarmed by them.

Second, like Isaac showed, there is no evidence that the great whore of Babylon is a religion, organization or anythign else for that matter.

It was symbolic and that symbolisim can mean many things and only John, Jesus and God know for sure.

It is quite humble and correct to admit we DON'T know rather than make something up and say it is "gospel", that is very wrong.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well said PSAc. I do not claim to know what Babylon the Great is. I can wait till I am face to face with the Lord on that. There are views, which may or may not be correct. We can not be dogmatic there.

• cawshun
    cawshun

I heard a man being interviewed on the news that wrote a book about Amadineadad ( excuse the spelling) President of Iran. He said that Amadineadad believes the end is coming and that he and the extremest muslims are wanting to hurrying this along by bringing about all the calamity, destroying the infidels. That is one reason why a government can't reason with him about neuclear weapons. He thinks the all infidels should be destroyed.

He wants to hurry Armageddon along so Mohammed will come. He also belives Jesus will be with Mohammed and Jesus will tell all the people they were wrong to believe in Him.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Of course IF we do accept the WT's view that the great whore, th emother of harlots is the RCC then it would mean that all the divisions of Christianity that spung for it were Harlots, which would include, of course, the WT !

LOL !!!

Since they are an off shoot of the Advents movement, which were an off shoot of the protestant reform, which were off shots of the RCC.

So the WT, by virtue of lineage is a harlot and an abomination on Earth.

Nice.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Thanks Jimmy :) That's the thing, I don't think I'm ready to read any literature yet :/ I think I'm ready to hear others opinions from this site and to leave the Wt behind...but feel trepidation at the thought of actively reading other material. Baby steps :)

If you do decide to read these books you'll discover they are not full of anger and hate as advertised... but actually come from loving, reasonable sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit