Are you scared to watch the news?

by wantstoleave 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

On a more serious note, what was most helpful to me was Steve Hassan's book, Combatting Cult Mind Control.

Have you had an opportunity to read this?

You'll learn that there is not a single new trick in Watchtower's bag. Their are many, many groups out there claiming the same things. It's nothing but a big lie. They are not the only Fundamentalist Millenarian Apocalyptic Destructive Mind Control Cult.

Once you realize that they aren't special, you quicly internalize that their prophecies/doctrines aren't special or meaningful.

My own fear melted away as I read Hassan's book.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I dont like to watch the news, hate seeing the suffering but yes sometimes i do think......wow are we that close to the end. Im not one to think will armegeddon come this year, 20years whatever, but when things on the news are shown sometimes i see how clearly near to the end we really are.

• nelly136
    nelly136

no news doesnt bother me much, most of it may seem like doom and gloom but good news and nice stuff doesnt make news, so for all the bad stuff on the tv or in the papers you know theres heaps of good stuff that goes on that wouldnt get air or paperspace.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

why so AE?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The news just said that the next generation will probably live on average to 100 and that over the last 60 years the life span has almost doubled.

Yeah, horrible news people, horrible !!

I think that we sometimes forget that bad news sells a lot more than good news.

Sure we have more illnesses WITH NAMES than ever before, that's because we are not only catching them, we are naming them too !

Never has the world been so populated so, yes, when a naturla disaters happens more people die, wow, that's a surprise !

LOL !
    Sure in some cities crime is crazy, while in others it is almost non-existent, always been that way.

I will worry when the news says," a band of maruding vikings came over the hills and raped and pilaged the local town, AGAIN !!".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I say this:

IF it was up to the WT and the typical JW, the world WOULD be going to hell in a hand basket !!

When was the last time a JW donated to the local hospital? when was the last time the WT set up a hospice? or a JW volunteered for habitats for humanity?

Gave to the humane society?

When was the last time a JW gave a homeless person a coffee and somethign to eat to keep them warm?

Volunteered at a shelter? soup kitchen?

When was the last time there was an AA meeting at the local Kingdom Hall ?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Hi IA :) it sometimes makes me think armegeddon is nearer depending on whats on the news, but with regards to global warming etc things like that make me see that if scientists say the earth wont be around in 20years (one said that last year...i nearly died on the spot lol) but when they predict things like that i see that aremgeddon is near. Only Gods kingdom has the answers. Daniel 2 v44. Governments messing the country up that shows the end if much closer....lots of things really.

• nelly136
    nelly136

awwww c'mon psac credit where due....ya know hospitals are a jws favourite place to vulture round beds with captive audience to donate literature to dontcha ;)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The news is the news...........same news in the 1940-50-60-70-80-90's war, earthquake, etc etc etc.....nothing new here!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Wants to Leave, I've only been a member here for a year or so. It wasn't that long ago that I felt the same about the news that you do now. But I assure you, that fear is completely gone now and it is wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit