Are you scared to watch the news?

by wantstoleave 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

If you truly hear and truly see....thats when you notice the end is coming.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My dad (JW elder) was looking at one of my history books and came to the conclusion that the news has always been about bad things- even before 1914. A little cognitive dissonance on his part that probably didn't go very far, unfortunately.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Sacramento...I have given homeless people drinks and food :) I've helped complete strangers quite alot. I donate to charity regularly and have already instilled that in my children, to help others. They are preschoolers and often go through their toys and say 'mummy can we give this to charity kids?'. Maybe I was an exception within the Jw's? I don't know. But I'd like to think that not all Jw's are heartless. My Grandma is a Catholic, yet at xmas time when she helps her church organise food hampers for members of the local community - I go and give a helping hand. To me, I see it as helping the community, as they don't concentrate on which faith a person belongs to, rather who needs the help.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

nelly,

Well, I guess you have A point, LOL !

I think someone needs to read ALL of Daniel and not just 1 verse.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

nicely said wantstoleave :)

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Jimmy....am hoping I feel the same as others here given time :)

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thankyou angel eyes :)

• nelly136
    nelly136

AE... but the news is just a gentle warm up for the carnage destruction and suffering that jws are waiting with great anticipation to be released on billions of adults children and babies, just think a few dead per broadcast is a few less to be wiped out later.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

wantstoleave,

How many other Jw's shared with you in those moments?

I think you know exactly what I am talking about my friend.

If I offend you with the generalization I do apologise, but when speaking of a group in general, we generalize and sometimes, the good gets lumped with the bad.

Sorry.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wantsleave ?You help your Granny in the Catholic church at Christmas???

Dont let your elders know...The only reason I did that as a JW was to give out the" truth book"

They taught me to be sneaky> Just as one of our members that posts on here is.
    You sound like your on the way out of bondage. Keep walking !!! Your Granny will be pleased
    I am sure at least if your a Catholic & leave the religion they still love ya.
    Dont tell you the ravens are gonna pluck out your eyes etc:Dont tell you to hate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit