The struggle against the immediae danger from false teachers

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now surely it's up to me what ATJeff should do?!

• beksbks
    beksbks
    But it is here, not 50 years from now!

How do you know?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He knows because he has told us that Jesus speaks to him personally...in his mind...er head

• garyneal
    garyneal

cyberjesus:

You're right in that her beliefs can impact our family in a big way, especially concerning the blood issue. I posted a topic on this very issue a few weeks or so ago, so yes it is very much a concern of mine. But at the same time, I try not to let it eat me up because if I did, then I am not placing enough faith in God for as Jesus said (paraphrasing) 'to not take thought for tomorrow for sufficient for today is the evil thereof.'

I am very mindful of the church I attend now. I too was 'burned' by religious teachers who are legalistic and dogmatic (like the Watchtower). I've left many churches because they would teach (or do) things that I did not agree with and sometimes I would leave church because I would wonder what's the use. But I've been sticking to a church I started attending recently and I check their teachings and practices against the Bible. In fact, I called them out on something they did that I did not agree with. But unlike the Watchtower, this is allowed for we are required to check all things and hold fast to what is good. I don't know if I will eventually leave this church because of this issue or not, but I do know that if we are looking for the 'perfect' church, we will never find it.

You are very correct in that we should question everything (1 Thessalonians 5:21) and validate it against what the Bible says. I see you are new to the forum (welcome) and it is my sincerest hope that you do not abandon God due to the teachings of the Watchtower. A link I like to read concerning the differences between a religion and a relationship with Christ can be found here. (http://www.4jehovah.org/help-jw-why-religion.php)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    thank you ak Jeff for your support. I know how your feelings affect your decisions, and so much more so our loving father, who wants us to all join together in praise to his lofty name. And praise him for all his wonderful works. We shall have joy forever in being joined in our brotherhood, worshiping him in unity.

Thank you PJS, you reminded me of all that I miss about being a JW. My feelings have certainly been changed, and I can see the error of my ways. Thus, the next time I play werewolf, I will insist on not being the werewolf.

See YOU at the meetings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Look at the news..World War 1

Look at the news..World war 2

Look at the news..Korea

Look at the news..Vietnam

Look at the facts..

The WBT$ is always wrong..

• garyneal
    garyneal

PJS:

You're just telling me the same things the elder of my wife's KH told me. He printed a lot of information where the society quoted many secular sources confirming that something changed in 1914. But none of that references any Bible verses. If you're trying to tell me that there are clear signs that we are living in the last days all I have to say is you're preaching to the choir. I do not disagree with you at all on that.

I just want to know how the Society can claim that Jesus Christ returned invisibly in 1914? Many preachers and the Watchtower society has tried to predict when Jesus will return, even setting dates, and they all proved false. I believe Jesus is coming again, but I don't see how the Society claims that he came invisibly in 1914. I think I brought this subject up somewhere else before.

• garyneal
    garyneal

ATJ said to PJS:
    Thank you PJS, you reminded me of all that I miss about being a JW. My feelings have certainly been changed, and I can see the error of my ways. Thus, the next time I play werewolf, I will insist on not being the werewolf.

See YOU at the meetings.

PJS:

You have won a brother! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Very Good Altime Jeff, Hope to see you at the meetings as well, and may we share our feelings in the new order, forever!

You have no idea how happy I am! Forever just doesn't seem long enough to hang out with you. I sure hope the rest of JW's survive Armageddon. We are going to need the help cleaning up the 7 billion corpses. But just think of the jokes and good times we will have....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

GaryNeal, I know this was several posts ago- but you mentioned you see things like b-days becoming a conscience matter down the road. I don't think I see that...unless the numbers really drop and the GB feels desperate to make it more desirable. I simply can not see them do that unless forced to. Keeping members out of holiday/b-day celebrations isolates them from 'worldly' people from childhood onward. It makes them not fit in with others or have a support system outside the WT- leaving them nowhere else to go.

Wedding anniversaries are an adult celebration, and if you are a JW you would presumably celebrate with another JW, as opposed to a nonJW. Thus the hypocrisy of allowing anniversaries (which can be banned on the same logic as b-days).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit