The struggle against the immediae danger from false teachers

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Oh Snap !!

LOL !

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's some verses I find that speak volumes from the passage :)

2 Timothy 2:17-19 (New International Version)

17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

2 Timothy 3:6-7 (New International Version)

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

So from verse 19 "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord"

Acts 2:21 (New International Version)

21 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Romans 10:13 (New International Version)

13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Acts 4:12 (New International Version)

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Any other teaching is false and causes gangrene.

All the best,

Stephen

All the best,

Stephen

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    These are the some of the signs of the end. Do you see this happening today?

Apparently they were happening in Paul's day, as well. But thank you for reminding me yet again why I left a group of self-deluded people who attach divine significance to every event around them.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I see why you quoted the bible pj...Heb 4 v 12 :)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You said it Stephen!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

great verse! It also shows the Wt to be the false teachers that they are!

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Chalam: you beat me to it but I will post mine anyway.

Wobble: my salvation is firmly in the hands of my Lord ,Jesus Christ, and any adverse judgement is reserved for his enemies,so of what interest to me is the "End Time" ?

Amen to that.

Schipper: You actually quoted 2 Timothy 2:14-22. You mentioned 2 Tim 2:26 and 2 Tim 3:1-9. These are the verses.

2 Timothy 2:26

(New International Version)

26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

2 Timothy 3:1-9 (New International Version)

Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God——

5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires,

7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth——men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected.

9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

As a Christian I believe that the end days will one day come but like Wobble I don’t worry about it for myself because my Salvation comes from Christ Jesus, not from any religion that I may belong to. We are to witness and affirm the true gospel which sadly the organization does not do. The above verses speak for themselves but I sense that it is closer to the Jehovah’s Witness organizations failings to see the truth than any Christian church that I have attended. Yes the Church has made mistakes, after all they are only human. But my faith is in my Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 43:10-11 (New International Version)

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD,
    and apart from me there is no savior.

Acts 1:7-8

(New International Version)

7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and

you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

These verses are speaking of the Jews. They are still his chosen people, not the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Witnesses have twisted scripture to suit their own beliefs.

Acts 11:26 (New International Version)

26and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people.

The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Sorry for all the posts, but when I've posted before the whole thing fell apart with scripture all over the place, not in order.

John 5:39 (New International Version)

39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

John 3:14-15 (New International Version)

14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

No where in the Bible does it state that you must belong to an organization. Jesus said to come to him and you will have eternal life. Instead of seeking salvation from an organization why not go directly to Jesus.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

All noble words PJS, except you are preaching a cultic counterfeit of Christianity, the gov body message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit