The struggle against the immediae danger from false teachers

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    beksbks, I have not received my request for answers I requested?

Er??! Did you really post that... you, who haven't answered a single question I've requested of you? Seriously?!

SA, of the "start with the man in the mirror" class... moving on

• watson
    watson

PJ is not a witness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ah crap, another jw apologist wannabee?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Cool... I just wanted to see how serious a JW chipper was. I have my answer.

• TD
    TD

pjschipper

TD, Speculation, speculation, I looked into the UN thing, no link to Jehovah's people. I went into the web anyone can look at, world events. Show me! don't just make accusations! Show me! All what us to show your proof! Where is your proof?

You seem to have some basic reading comprehension problems.

I was speaking about the Catholic church. JW's obviously did not exist in the Middle Ages. Would you accept the "imperfection of men" excuse if it came from a Catholic? Why or why not?

• beksbks
    beksbks

What's that word folks use when they have dropped some weight? Or when they can't find something? Hmmmm what is that word?

• watson
    watson

Too much "Lord," "Jesus," etc. You just don't speak the lingo.

• garyneal
    garyneal

PJS:

I hear what you are saying and you are right, God does call us to do things that we do not understand just make sure that it is truly God and not the Society for we must 'test the Spirits' against what the Bible teaches. As I heard one preacher put, there are no prophets in the world today for we have the written word of God. So make sure you test every spirit (inspired expression) against the word of God and you will do well.

I also agree that for many things it really is a matter of concious. If you feel that celebrating birthdays, taking in blood, etc is a sin then do not do those things. There are some things the Bible clearly speaks out against (adultery, fornications, murder, blasphemy) and are not matters of concious but for other things where the Bible is not so clear (birthday celebrations) we cannot be dogmatic about it. While the Society tend to use this term more frequently than most Christians, make sure you are mindful not to cause others to stumble.

It is difficult in my household for I want to respect my wife's concious concerning the holidays but I don't want to totally deny myself or my daughter of them too. I'm thinking maybe I could do something special just for her that is allowed by the Society but I am not yet sure of what. Since you are the witness, do you have any suggestions?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Gary, I think that even if they would change all their mistakes they would get "God's" aproval. Now you are not a JW but you wife is. So it really matters because her life is based on their beliefs. You know what I mean? If the JW are wrong then all the hours she spends to them she could give them to you and your family. Do you have children? What would happend if you would happen if you find yourself that a member of the family needs a transfusion? then it does make a difference. You know what i mean?

You have your religion, i assume is christian, correct? Well all this questions regarding her religion can be asked about your religion as well? JW are cult and now I am very carefull with any religion. I was manipulated once. So if I had a religion i would question it as thoughly as hers. Thats what I did with mine and thats why I left. You get my point? We all want to do what is right. Well I do. I am sure you do, your wife too. I just dont want anybody to tell me what it is, I wanna find it myself.

Best wishes,

PJS, you didnt respond to my statement, you are changing the subject, are you aware of it? Someone claim you are not a JW. let me ask you a question . how many questions they asked you to get baptized?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    altime Jeff, it's up to your conscience what you should do. Not me, or anyone else.

I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit