New Light: Don't hold hands during prayers

by RR 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah

I always was a bit rebellious.........

but this is even more ridiculous than most the the crap they put in the mags.

Wonder how long it will be before they resurrect that article about cows in heat?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Who is going to enforce this....suggestion ? What a load of crap ! Brothers cant be assigned to be on 'look out' duty during prayer, cos then they would need to have another Watchtower saying how ...God is watching you.......watching others, who are being watched by the public , who are being stumbled by what they see, and no one is listening to the prayer, not even God cause he's too busy watching you .....watching others, who are.....................................and on it goes......

• Gayle
    Gayle

Of all the real issues the Governing Body needs to be concerned about changing and correcting, they come up with this nonsense! They probably sat around a month or two discussing this between each other, all nine, and came up with six (2/3 majority) of them to vote for this. Of all the global concerns, they have such small minds to make this an international issue.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Of all the real issues the Governing Body needs to be concerned about changing and correcting, they come up with this nonsense! They probably sat around a month or two discussing this between each other, all nine, and came up with six (2/3 majority) of them to vote for this. Of all the global concerns, they have such small minds to make this an international issue.

Gayle, thats exactly what I thought.

It never fails though with any body of elders, GB or local cong. There is always a couple of elders who insist that these "issues" they have that aren't important, are.

Older elders are esp into women, and how much skin, clothing, cleavage, etc, they are showing. Are they flirting? Is there an idiot MS who got his feelings hurt? Watch out for a local needs....

This is what happens when you are more into your control and power then into the needs of the flock. If all were concerned about them, you would never read crap like this.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have decided that next time I attend a meeting I am going to cuddle my wife all the way through it, after giving my kids crayons and colouring books of course.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It occurs to me that if I had stayed, I would have continued to hold the ex during prayer. (that was my thing.) I bet she would have read this nonsense and told me "Well, there goes that!"

But I would have defied anyone to call me on this. What are they going to do, disfellowship you? For holding your mate during prayer?

I would counsel anyone who saw it and was offended to "KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED DURING PRAYER!"

Jeff, of the Incredulous Class....

• donny
    donny

Well Jeff, what do you think is next? Segregating the men to one side of the hall and the women to the other? Seems a logical step.

Donny

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

How 'bout separate rooms?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    New Light: Don't hold hands during prayers

Oh heck no. Earlier today, we did the "Our Father" (who art in heaven) with a continuous chain of held hands all the way to the end of a long pew. And the "kiss of peace" afterwards? It would give the goberning body vapors!

BTS

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I predict a backlash where a lot of letters will reach the branch. Confusion will ensue.

A letter will go out to all bodies of elders saying that the confusion is because elders took the guidelines of the article and turned them into laws. It's all the elders fault.

After that, the CO will discuss said letter with all bodies on their next visit, asking whats going on locally, and saying to be balanced, don't target anyone, etc.

At the end of the day, nothing will change, you will still be able to hold your mate as long as you aren't holding anyones naughty bits....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit