New Light: Don't hold hands during prayers

by RR 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

...and don't forget, Jehoobah hates Cooties! W.Once

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom never shut her eyes and never made me or my sister, either. I've never shut my eyes for a prayer. I can't seem to hold them closed. It's easier to shut them when I'm sitting down, though.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Honestly, f*ck them!

Jeff, you crack me up! Much better than a compelling argument.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jeff,

Your prophecy of the backlash... I completely agree with you.

Damn, you used to be an elder allright. You know how the bullshit goes down.

There's not a day that goes by when I don't thank Satan that I'm out of that shit.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If I believed in Satan, I'd thank him too, Shamus.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not so very new - even I can remember it being told around 1980, couple of years before that, so it's been around for a long time.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I think this is may start a trend. One of the elders got very thoroughly hugged by the friend of a study after the meeting yesterday. The hug was about 10 seconds long and the elder was very shocked.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is totally ridiculous. You are not supposed to display affection for your spouse because it might stumble someone that they (or Jehovah) has stopped from finding one? What if, instead, Jehovah were to take responsibility and MAKE SURE no one is left out, and that no one is going to get a crap spouse (that is, one that they aren't totally drawn to and that they are not compatible with)? Or, would that be too simple for that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that likes to create problems?

Enforcement? Yes. They already have hounders and assistant hounders that are watching for trouble. Examples of trouble might include a child that is making noise (the parent will be ordered to take it out and give it a beating), swearing, worldly people that are in there to disrupt the boasting session, and anything else that disrupts the illusion that the witlesses are in the truth. And now they have one more thing to watch for--people embracing or holding hands during the prayers.

• Heaven
    Heaven

it will be interesting to study this article. I will have to hold my tongue.

Try not to use your hands though. That could stumble someone.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

nice atleast that it says not to hold hands in a group rather than with your spouse. Regarding husband and wife it says "some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands" and then goes on to say about embracing. Jah wants love to be shown within the marriage arrangement :) yay so we can still hold hands.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit