Is Atheism a Form of Blind Faith?

by passwordprotected 232 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Satanus: Maybe, they have no testimony cuz they're NONPRACTICING atheists. Any PRACTICING atheists, here?!

I'm a practicing atheist. Here's how I practice my faith:

And that's my testimony as a fervent believer of atheism.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    The God atheists cannot disprove theists cannot prove.
    Once you get to this line, what's the point of keeping on arguing for the existence of God?

But I can prove it to myself. Like the existence of fire if I place my hand in it; I burn therefore I am.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

What is the standard of proof for the existence of God? How high is the burden of proof? We execute people based upon less than 100 percent certainty, based on circumstantial evidence, without a body etc. Why can't the totality of Scripture and our very existence be enough to establish the necessary probablility? And who says anything has to be proven? By grace through faith you are saved. If the threshold of scientific certainty is the object who could be saved?

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• Satanus
    Satanus

'We execute people based upon less than 100 percent certainty, based on circumstantial evidence, without a body etc;

'who says anything has to be proven?'

Heck, we could kill everybody,

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    But I can prove it to myself. Like the existence of fire if I place my hand in it; I burn therefore I am.

Jon, that's all that is important. To you. For you. And many blessings for the peace that it brings you. But you do not have the power to pass this on to others.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    But you do not have the power to pass this on to others.

Sure I do, though it depends on what you mean by power. I have the right in this country, if I understand you correctly, and the power to attempt to pass it on if I chose to, if by power you mean the ability to convince someone. I'm sure somewhere out there some atheists have come to believe through the power of persuasion. I don't think any believers claim to have the power in the sense of an arm-twisting ability to make atheists yell uncle. In that sense, no...

Christ taught believers to lay it out there for the taking, and if no one wants to listen then shake the dust off, right?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Parakeet

Heheh:)

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Jon, you have the right to do and say whatever you want. Rights were not what I was referring to.

Power through your testimony is what I mean.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jonathan

If i understand jeff right, he means that you can't pass on your experience of god to someone else. You can only communicate your OWN, or even more basically, you can only pass on yuorself, your nature. Only god can do that. Although, if i think about that, as a pantheist, i am god, ok not exactly your god. Yet, it seems like a dumb thing to think that i would see it as if god were touching someone through me. That's because in my view everyone else has/is god as well. Making a claim or an attempt to be able to do that would be misdirecting people. They should be looking in themselves, not to another person.

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If i understand jeff right, he means that you can't pass on your experience of god to someone else. You can only communicate your OWN, or even more basically, you can only pass on yuorself, your nature. Only god can do that.

You got it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit