Is Atheism a Form of Blind Faith?

by passwordprotected 232 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Don't eat the bananna or drink the Koolaide!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Perry: I leave for two days and still no testimony from our atheist friends?

My atheist testimony is located at the top of page 10. Read and be amazed.

Perry: We'll here...I found one:

Yeeeaaaaaaah. That was written by an atheist for sure.

If atheists believe "nothing; then something," theists believe "nothing; then God; then something." God is just a middleman, an unnecessary complication. And if you say God always existed, that makes even less sense.

• Perry
    Perry

So, nothing happened to nothing is a better scenario that God creating time?

Which one would fit Einstein's theory of relativity better, where time is proven to be changeable?

Many millions of people claim intimate fellowship with God, myself included. Only atheists claim that they don't know nothing about nothing and are willing to debate you to prove it.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

You don't understand relativity. Time isn't changeable, it's simply relative to each individual. It says nothing about time being changeable or having a beginning or anything like that. Don't tackle subjects you know nothing about purely for the purpose of name-dropping a prominent scientist in order to add weight to what you are saying.

I can't speak for all atheists, but i personally am not guilty of knowing 'nothing about nothing'... i simply do not know everything about everything, & i reserve judgement on things until empirical evidence is presented. I am not adeist, as i do not know that the universe was not created, my personal opinion is that it probably was not, but i am happy to achnowledge that i could be proven wrong on that.

I am however atheist (& when it comes to the god of the bible, i am most definately an anti-theist, & i'm sure you needn't spend too much time guessing why), as the idea of a personal god (with whom one can have initimate fellowship) is demonstrably subjective to the point where to take someone elses testimony on it seriously would be favouritism in the extreme. Christians can believe what they want, but they deserve to be taken no more seriously than those who continue to spot Elvis every year. Because we know so much (no, not everything, but a hell of a lot) about the history of the Ambrahamic religions now, it is somewhat absurd to believe that any of the god's they worship are anything more than man-made. If the universe was created, then these god's had nothing to do with it. At least, they had about as much to do with it as the tooth fairy did with the invention of dental braces.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Perry's strawman is to pathetic to even address. Lost cause. It's sad really.

• Perry
    Perry

You ate the bananna Missing Link! Now go look in the mirror. Looks like you ate the whole thing. Now say something intelligent..

Dear Psychotic,

You don't understand relativity. Time isn't changeable, it's simply relative to each individual. It says nothing about time being changeable or having a beginning or anything like that.

So from God's point of view time could be relative to his perspective and thus very different from our perspective. It makes little difference if time changes or the observer changes, the net result is the same....reality is changed dramatically. And depending on that point of view, time can dramatically change for the observer. You are arguing about nothing again... in this case the nuances of the word "change", which are irrelevant .

I can't speak for all atheists, but i personally am not guilty of knowing 'nothing about nothing'... i simply do not know everything about everything

Then you are not an atheist, because for hundreds of years atheism is defined as the belief that "there is no God". Atheists play lots of word games like the JW's. They say one thing and then go on to do precisely what they deny, as if no one notices.

the idea of a personal god (with whom one can have initimate fellowship) is demonstrably subjective

And so is every relationship. Your relationship with your mother is subjective and different from your mothers relationship with her hair stylist or even from that of your siblings. Can you imagine you and the hair-stylist experiencing the same thing with your mother? Yet, atheists would have us believe that this is how God should act. Looks pretty blind to me.

Christians can believe what they want, but they deserve to be taken no more seriously than those who continue to spot Elvis every year.

And this is the result of positing the unknowable and illogical construct "there is no God". Atheists can give lip service all day long about not being sure. But real atheists turn right around and treat you as if you are a liar, because no matter how many times they deny if for purposes of argumentation....they really do believe that "there is no God". In order to reduce cognitive dissonance, they are required to view Christian testimony regarding what God has done in their life as a lie.

Further, that "thought impossibility" (knowing there is no God), interprets their perceptions to be consistent with that framework. Whether it be design, probability, Christian testimony, they make it all fit their illogical and incredibly arrogant notion that "there is no God".

That is the reason, I and many others maintain atheists are practicers of blind faith. There is no group that deserves greater pity than atheists.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I thought I heard faint echo's in here.... Probably redundant thoughts being regurgitated about how atheists have blind faith and suck...

Yup, I was right... Y'all turn out the lights when you're done....

Hey atheists, stop sucking so much, ok? Please? Perry told you god exists. That should be good enough for all of us.

• DJK
    DJK

Theism, a belief in a spacely being who watches over you, (protects you?) yet he doesn't stop the train that runs you over. He does not interfere when a CHILD is raped and murdered, even by a parent. This invisible being allows an army to commit genocide and rape the women of the defeated and sends plagues upon the land causing more death and destruction.

I'm an Atheist and I must ask you...."How blind,,,, am I"?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Perry at least gives us solid evidence that if God does exist, he only reveals himself to bigoted morons.

• Spook
    Spook
    What is the Atheist evidence for the posit "there is no God".

I have answered this at painstaking length and am done with this thread. If any theists want to have a serious discussion about this, by all means start a thread where we can discuss arguments which were not abandoned by theistic philosophers several generations ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit