Is Atheism a Form of Blind Faith?

by passwordprotected 232 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Perry,

:Atheism Christianity reduces a person to one role. And that role is that of a slanderer crusader. What else can he do in the face of Christian atheistic testimony but yell "Liar"?

:Conversely, as the atheist Christian peers through his bedroom window and declares " I see nothing but myself my faith", the Christian atheist can only agree with his analysis. It isn't because the atheist Christian is any better or worse than anyone else, it is because he has chosen it by declaring as fact something he cannot possibly know.... "there is no a God".

Quid pro quo. It makes just as much sense either way.

By the way, don't break your arm patting your smug, righteous self on the back, your worshipfulness.

Farkel

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'They then whip out their holy books and like gunslingers trying to best each on the quick draw, they rapid-fire scriptures and quote them. Back and forth it goes, but both sides are really having a good old time thinking they are each right.'

Lol. That reminds me of my jw daze.

S

• Perry
    Perry

Quid pro quo. It makes just as much sense either way.

No it doesn't. Atheists have no testimony! Remember all that lecturing how you can' t prove a negative? You can' t have it both ways no matter how much you want it. You logically can' t claim that atheists have no burden of proof, and then right out of the other corner of your mouth claim atheists have a testimony about nothingness! Do you understand this?

By the way, don't break your arm patting your smug, righteous self on the back, your worshipfulness.

Farkel, you have no logical argument here, other than to call my testimony a lie.... which is a basic requirement of atheism and is logically consistent with your premise.

Ad Hominens are a sure sign of weakness; you know that.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Perry, do you testify that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Perry,

:Atheists have no testimony!

You are using that term like you would in Church, but it has many meanings and nuances. One of the most common usages and definitions is "a sworn statement under oath." Are you going to be so foolish to assert that an atheist cannot give a sworn statement regarding his lack of belief?

Since I've just shown that claim of yours falls, all the rubbish that follows it and depends upon it also falls.

Farkel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Still going Perry... I hope you know, I don't begrudge you your faith. I am not looking to exercise faith in nothing. I am not looking to exercise faith in anything.....

My Prayer

Dear Lord

I ask in your name, whatever that is, that you please tell Perry that his manner works against him. His self righteous version of being born again actually pushes me away from you, because frankly, I don't want to turn out like that.

Since it seems that you are the only voice Perry listens to these days, please give him a boost from his "C" average reading comprehension so he can grasp simple things, like dictionary definitions, and how to follow simple logical statements.

Lastly Lord, if Perry is right, could you do us all a favor and talk to us like a good parent, instead of sending out the born again nit wit squad? Surely Lord, you can do better. If JW's,born againers and the 700 Club is your idea of letting us know about you, I would strongly suggest looking into a Temporary Staffing Agency. I am sure they will listen to you and do a much better job. There's a lot of unemployed people these days.

I pray this in whatever your name is

Amen

PS: Dinah, this isn't Bear Bryant.....

• Perry
    Perry

Are you going so foolish as to assert that an atheist cannot give a sworn statement regarding his lack of belief?

No of course not, and it isn't relevant since atheists believe that there is no God.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    No of course not, and it isn't relevant since atheists believe that there is no God.

Uh, Perry, you do realize you're just said your argument is not relevant, don't you?

• Satanus
    Satanus

No testimony, the accusation that he flung on ALL who believed not as himself. Indeed, the trees have no testimony, niether the grass, or the air, or the birds that fly in it. The sun, which sustains all and everything in this vicinity, it also has no testimony. It just is, and does what it does. But, since it has no testimony, it is not acceptable to PERRY. Niether are the trees, the grass, the waters, the fishes that swim in them, or the air and it's riders. Alas, perhaps perry fell off the divine tramway. His absence unnoticed, he plummetted lighteons and found himself on this cursed rocky dirtball, which has no testimony. How retched must be his carnal existence. Would that i could do something to ease his suffering. Yet, what could possibly be the rmedy? One thing only comes to mind: to be like him, to copy his belief. But then, i too would carry his pestiferous burdens;((

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit