Is Atheism a Form of Blind Faith?

by passwordprotected 232 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

drwtsn32,

:You are clearly ignorant of the difference between strong/positive and weak/negative atheism.

Not to mention ignorance of simple logic. Theism and logic are sworn enemies.

Farkel

• Perry
    Perry

Hey drwtsn,

Why did you go out of your way to remove the student smiley face in my quote? You wouldn't change other definitions would you?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Why did you go out of your way to remove the student smiley face in my quote? You wouldn't change other definitions would you?

My guess is that Satan had a hand in that. Satan causes people to do stuff like that when he's not busy hiding inside of old sofas.

Farkel, Deism CLASS

• Perry
    Perry

Not to mention ignorance of simple logic.

Farkel,

I go to a church where they just study the bible, they don't study books about what some people say the bible says. They just read it and talk about it. The dictionary is similar. I can read it for myself. I don't need to read a book about what someone thinks a dictionary says.... I can just read it for myself.

I like this kind of authenticity.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Maybe the dingo ate your smilely. Only by blind faith can you insist there is no forum dingo that ate your smiley!

- Lime

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The dictionary is similar. I can read it for myself.

You realize that language is living and evolves over time, right? And you only quoted from one dictionary? Not to mention topics are much deeper than the one or two sentences that may comprise a dictionary definition. That would be like me studying Christianity but limiting my knowledge on the topic to what the dictionary has to say.

Your attempt to shoe-horn all atheists into a small box that you can easily attack impresses no one but yourself.

• Perry
    Perry

dwrtsn,

Thats funny. Atheists efforts to re-write the dictionary in an attempt to place themselves beyond the realm of questioning doesn't really impress anyone except other atheists and wannabes.

Atheism is a worldview that filters information to make it fit just like any other worldview does. For some kinds of truth, unless it is revealed, it cannot be ultimately known by man, precisely because of his limitations to "know" and his ease by which he can misperceive.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Would it be a hate crime for someone to attack someone else's cherished non-beliefs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Perry it sounds like your trying to make reality out of the unknown and live within those parameters.

Within the length of human history that has shown to be futilely damaging for mankind, has it not ?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I think Farkel has just created a god of non-belief, it is stated that if you worship and believe in him,

he will annihilate you through to eternity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit