FlyingHighNow Needs Our Love & Support

by snowbird 161 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have just read him some of your comments. He said to thank you all again. He is not sure how things will go. He is trying not to think to hard about it all or get too down tonight.

He's upset because his boss would have flown him and some other coworkers up to Illinois to work and stay at a hunting cabin. Jesse loves to hike, hunt, anything with nature or outdoors. When he was a little toddler, he never played with cars or star wars action type toys. He played with horses, stick ponies, tractors, farms, Indians and sometimes cowboys. My grandmother was Indian and as you can see, Jesse looks like he didn't get a drop of Native blood. But he lived and breathed anything Native. (Still does.) He made his own toy fishing poles and bow and arrows, as young as two years old. He'd tie yarn or string to a stick and find a bread tie or wire to make a hook. He would find a twig or stick that would bend and tie a tight string for a bow. He made his own arrowheads.

Jesse and I used to spend a lot of time at the Etowah Indian Mounds. We also spent a lot of time visiting civil war battle fields, cemeteries and going on country adventures.We listened to music like The Band and Steppenwolf and others. We had a lot fun together. I miss living near him.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hey and hugs again

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

FHN,

MRSA is a complicated, and an evolving, son of a bitch. If I were Jesse, I'd be scared, too. Staph is a scary thing, you can see that in the faces of the doctors and nurses. But the vast majority of the time, it's not VRSA and is quite treatable. Scary, painful, time-wasting, but treatable.

Within the past couple of years, a close friend developed severe MRSA without any injury beforehand. Evidently, it was already in the system for an unknown duration until it lodged in a joint. Severe pain ensued, suddenly, and very severe! The hospital tried several antibiotics until it was controlled, but it then required a stay in a nursing home with daily antibiotic drips. Nothing was amputated, now it's as if nothing was ever wrong. We're talking about a frail, elderly person in a backwater hospital, too.

I hope all goes well for Jesse.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you for the story about your friend, Billy. Jesse says he thinks this is a tap on the shoulder, a really vigorous one. He is thinking it's time to take excellent care of himself. He says he is getting more sleep and rest than he has in a long time as he usually goes to work at 6 AM.

Jesse is not the only young man at the hospital with the infection. There is also a young man who has MRSA, too, which is threatening his entire arm. It started in a tattoo done with home made equipment and needles.

Relatives from all over the country have called Jesse, some that he hasn't spoken with in years. He's getting visits from friends that he thought had forgotten him.

Hey, Stilla, thank you and all those who keep checking.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

(((FHN & Jesse)))

Positive vibes are being sent your way, hope he's soon on the mend.

I have two other people besides Jesse that are in a crisis.

... And your "others" can keep their heads/spirits up, too.

~Sue

• Leolaia
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I saw that today, Leolaia. Very scary...

J

• dinah
    dinah

Flyin' I'm so sorry he's having to deal with this. But remember, sometimes good vibes from JWD can work miracles. Tell Jesse I love his Mom, and I love him too.

I told my daughter about this, she was sad. She hopes Jesse recovers too.

I know you love your kids as much as I love mine, I can't imagine how I would feel.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Leo, Jesse is in north of Atlanta.

Thanks to everyone who's come to comment since I last updated. Thank you, Dinah. Tell your daughter I will mention her to Jesse. I love you, too.

I talked to Jesse tonight. He is not feeling well at all. So they are watching to see if he spikes a fever. The nurse told him, "You don't have a fever....yet." Jesse said, "Yet??" The cleaning lady told him tonight that her niece got MRSA, had to have a finger amputated. Went home. A few weeks later it showed up systemic and killed her. That upset him.

Jesse is at the point where he will tell me his condition and then he wants to change the subject. He's very sensitive right now. Please don't give up on praying for him. We don't know how this is going to go.

• caliber
    caliber

Flyin '

It's just good to see you out & about ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit