FlyingHighNow Needs Our Love & Support

by snowbird 161 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I will pray for you tonight.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

May God guide the doctors and work through them.

• dissed
    dissed

FlyingHighNow

We will do our part to keep your spirits up. Let's continue to hope and pray the Doctors will do their very best to get Jessie back to good health.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Its wonderful to hear that the finger and arm can recover. Here's positive thoughts that the treatments they'll have him on will mitigate the infection even further.

I'm really happy for you FHN.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm glad, too.

Couldn't stop thinking of this all day.

Hope he makes a full recovery!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi, well, I spoke too soon. I just called Jesse to tell him goodnight. He told me what happened during the bandage change and what the surgeon said.

Jesse had been going to leave the hospital yesterday morning, to go work. The doctor told him that he had a hand threatening injury. And he is still not out of the woods. He may still lose his finger or even his whole hand. They also told him that this infection is still threatening to be systemic. They have not been able to identify the bacteria. The surgeon said he never has seen a bacterial infection act that quickly and cause that much swelling and damage, etc in such a short time. I don't want to say the graphic, descriptive things Jesse did about how his hand looks.

He will be in the hospital the next few days. He is trying to get used to the idea of a possible amputation. He also has been told not to smoke because it would lessen his chances that the finger and hand can be saved.

I am in shock I guess, so this is not completely hitting me. He does sound brave, but shaken. All this started with a scrape on concrete and his pulling off dried foam insulation, which pulled off some skin. The doctors told him that the bacteria worked very quickly and that it would have happened to anyone with open skin. He still needs your prayers. I told him about you and he said to thank you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thinking of you and your son...

• John Doe
    John Doe

When did he get the cut? Is he under workman's comp? That really sucks. Here's to hoping it gets better.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I haven't even thought to ask him which day he got the cut. The workman's comp issue is something he isn't clear about either. But he's being given delaudid and morphine, so he's fuzzy in his details. Thank you, all of you. And thank you, John.

• orbison11
    orbison11

((((((((FHN & Jesse))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit