Yay for Womanhood! Female Min.Serv's under consideration.

by cattails 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I heard from a close family relative that at their last CA, the CO gave a talk encouraging elders to loosen up when it came to appointing MS's as new elders, that it would be okay for a young MS of 23 or 24 to be appointed as an elder if he was doing all the right things. I would say that the Society is scrambling to find enough male leaders, given the influx of new JWs is predominantly women and (in the Spanish congs) the vast majority of JW males are also illegals.

Interestingly, on that last fact, I heard from another relative who's an elder in a Spanish cong that they just got a letter from the branch ALSO encouraging them to loosen up when it came to what illegals could do in the cong. They (men, of course) can now handle mikes and a few other things along those lines. Interesting--desperate measures to ameliorate the significant gender imbalance!!

As far as women becoming Ministerial Servants Lite, I'd have to see it to believe it. Can't have those wimmin gittin' all uppity and thinkin' they might be equal!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it would be great. Women deserve the same opportunity as men to be miserable in thankless positions.

• watson
    watson

I think having women serve as menstrual servants would be great for communication thoughout the organization.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I haven't posted my favorite quote in a few months, so it's time again for: sex interviews!

Watchtower 1961 December 15 pp. 767-768 Questions from Readers

• How can girls guard against temptation in this sex-crazy world?

... we can learn about nature and sex from the bovine family of mammals, both wild and tame.

...As with a cow, when a young girl who has reached her puberty is in physical condition to conceive and become pregnant, her sex emotions are greatly aroused. If she has association with a boy, she is inclined to think that it is the sweetness of the "boy friend" that causes this delightful and new feeling, and so she becomes infatuated with him. If the boy friend should become sexually aroused and lets her know it and then she yields her body to the advances of the amorous boy friend, she is likely to become pregnant as a result of just one sex experience of this kind.

Some persons foolishly think that they know when it is "safe" to have sex contact with those of the opposite sex and thus avoid becoming pregnant, but this is a serious mistake on their part. Even learned biologists do not know exactly when there is no danger of conception for a woman. This is due to certain irregularities in the case of various females.

...This bearing of children is the sole privilege of the female. In fact, this is one main reason for creating the female of the human species.

There are cases where a girl became pregnant as a result of one sex interview with a boy. ...if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times. She will avoid the violating of her virginity and the shame and conscience-stricken state due to this; and wisely she will direct her young life so as to end up in the position of a clean, happy wife and mother of legitimate children, journeying to the new world of righteousness, where there will be no sex problems amid a sex-crazy population.

• rebel8
    rebel8

How ever will dull women lead the kingkongregation with their small brains?

Awake! 1967 August 22 p.27, 28

The apostle Paul, in giving instructions on congregational meetings of Christians, stated, among other things: "I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man." (1 Tim. 2:12) Today many religious organizations take exception to these words of Paul. In fact, we find more and more women being ordained to Protestant pulpits. Just why did the apostle state this rule?

This rule is based on a principle that governs the relations between the sexes, namely: "The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God," (1 Cor. 11:3) The logic of headship must be apparent to all. If two or more intelligent persons are to cooperate, there must be organization, and for organization to be successful there must be a head. That Jehovah God, the Father, is the Head of his Son, Jesus Christ, is obvious; also, that his Son should be the head of his congregation. But not so readily appreciated is the statement that man exercise headship over the woman and that therefore woman should not exercise authority over the man.

However, the facts show that the headship of a man is both somatically and psychologically sound and in the best interests of all concerned, even as we shall see. Thus a leading authority on the human body (soma), Gray's Anatomy (1966 Edition), tells the interesting fact that as regards the human skull there is no difference between the male and the female until the time of puberty; but then as adulthood is reached the difference becomes more and more apparent. The female skull is lighter and its cranial capacity is about 10 percent smaller than that of a male, even as is the rest of the anatomy. The contour of the female skull is also more rounded and the facial bones are smoother. Apparently, with the lines of beauty goes less rugged strength.

True, mere brain size in itself is not as important as brain quality, but where the quality is the same the larger brain size has an advantage. Thus Science News, April 1, 1967, told of twenty African children who were so extremely undernourished in the first few years of their lives that "head circumferences...averages an inch less that the others, indicating smaller brain." And over the years all these were found to have verbal, mathematical and perceptual capabilities far below those of other children. Implicit in these findings is that man is advantaged by a greater brain size.

That it is in the best interests of both sexes for man to take the lead is also supported by psychological evidence. One of New York city's leading psychiatrists and psychoanalysts, Dr. Marie N. Robinson, in one of her books, which deals with certain frustrations of married women, skillfully demonstrates by case histories that many of these particular frustrations can be ended if women will but recognized the fact that the way their bodies are made gives evidence that it is intended for man to be the head. As she expresses it, women must learn the art of "eternal acquiescence" and "deep altruism" in dealing with their husbands if they want to find happiness.

The children also stand to benefit when the Scriptural principles governing the sexes are followed. To woman falls the lot, not only of conceiving and bearing children, but also, to a great extent, of nurturing them in their earliest infancy and on to maturity. It stands to reason that for a mother to do justice to her task she must have an abundance of love and devotion, she must have much patience, great gentleness and mildness and be extremely sensitive to the needs of her offspring from infancy onward, if they are to thrive.

It follows that her entire personality must be of such a sensitive and gentle nature as to do justice to the delicate needs of the tiny developing minds and bodies. However, an abundance of such qualities does not go hand in hand with those needed for leadership and meeting stern challenges. More than that, by the Scriptures' limiting the woman's role in the congregation it makes it more likely that she will have the needed time and energy to look after the needs of her family properly. So, while she may have other interest, she should never forget that as a wife her career is caring for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of her family.

The Scriptural position might be said also to take into consideration woman's biological nature. As every woman in the prime of life is well aware, she has certain difficult days each month during which she cannot give of her best and during which she very much appreciates her husband's showing her consideration. But if she had responsibilities of oversight and was required to hold forth regularly on the public platform regardless, either her performance or her health would suffer. Recognizing the factor, God's Word counsels husbands to dwell with their wives "according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one." -- 1 Pet. 3:7.

Of course, the foregoing does not mean that mothers are not to teach their own children. The Bible speaks of "the law of your mother" and tells of the good results of mothers' teaching their offspring the Word of God, as in the case of the Christian minister Timothy. (Prov. 6:20; 2 Tim. 1:5; 3:14, 15) Nor does it mean that women may not be schoolteachers, instructing youths and adults in secular subjects. But women are not to exercise authority over Christian men in the Christian congregation nor are they to assume authority over their own husbands in their homes.

That women are not precluded from preaching to those outside the Christian congregation can be seen from the prophecy quoted by the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost: "I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams; and even upon my men slaves an upon my women slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy." (Acts 2:17, 18) In keeping with this prophecy, today there are literally hundreds of thousands of women ministers who "prophesy" by preaching the good news of God's kingdom and who teach Bible truths to both men and women in their homes and who receive many blessings from doing so.

The headship that the Scriptures assign to the man indicates that man and woman have different roles to play in life. The fact that Christian husbands are commanded to love their wives as Jesus Christ loved the congregation, he even dying for it, should certainly preclude any criticism of the role that God's Word assigns to the man. His is a difficult assignment, but for it he has also been equipped. Truly the Scriptural position is seen to be sound, practical and wise. Happy are all those governed by it! -- Eph. 5:25-33.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh noes!

Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock, 1991 p30

Although our sisters will never be ministerial servants or elders, they need help to make progress also.

• Gregor
    Gregor

If they decide it will solve a problem, it is no big deal to make it happen... Might be very, very smart. Coming up with the appropriate "New Light", based on Scripture, is the easy part. The Rank and File's enthusiastic acceptance is a given.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooh, Brother... As (male) chauvinistic as the WTBTS is, I just CAN'T see them having the good sense/brains/forward thinking abilities to actually DO this... Or maybe it'll be like the brothers in Mexico as opposed to the brothers in Malawi - bribing officials was acceptable for the Mexican brothers, but the Malawi brothers and sisters - well, that insanity is something I will NEVER understand... The Malawi violence made a HUGE impression on me when I was a child; that violence was held up as examples of the "Great Tribulation", "persecution", and so on...

Makes one wonder whether the WTBTS set them up just for the 'martyr' mileage...???

The WTBTS has NO LOVE for sisters... I always wondered just how sexually repressed, latently-homosexual the WTBTS' Gov.Bod was - they sure seem to hate women... Not that that's a characteristic of male homosexuals in general, but SOME uptight, rigidly-conservative, ultra-religious, anal-retentive... Ahh, you get the idea.

Zid

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not that that's a characteristic of male homosexuals in general, but SOME uptight, rigidly-conservative, ultra-religious, anal-retentive... Ahh, you get the idea.

Zid

Anal retentive homosexuals usually have a very tight relationship.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"But, rest assured that once they find enough just plain men, they will dump any "sisters" getting these positions so quickly that they don't know what hit them..."

Hah! Reminds me of the Republican manipulation around the time of the first major introduction of American women into politics - I think it was around the 1960's - 1970's - wherein they cajoled - through promises of INCREASED power - certain Republican women prominent in the public eye, into undercutting the ambitions of Democratic women in politics...

After the Republican women did their dirty work, they went, hat in hand, back to the male Republican power-wielders... So that they could have a 'say' in the Republican party... Those good ol' Republican boys turned them down flat!!!

Same organizational mentality, different day... And puh-leeze don't yammer at me about the "car-show spokesperson" they trotted out as a VP candidate....

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit