Yay for Womanhood! Female Min.Serv's under consideration.

by cattails 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Back in the old days, and I mean 40's and 50's, lot of women were 'used' in areas of responsibility in the organization. There was a severe shortage of 'qualified' brothers, and so they had to do it. I knew of several women who 'served' in that respect. One sister, still living, always seemed to chafe at the recollection that she was 'something once' then lost the opportunity. I think she refered to being the 'service servant' or something like that. I always had the impression that there was no official appointment involved.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Any call for women to do traditionally [by Watchtower standards] man-jobs is a very good sign that things are not all rosy inside the cult.

Jeff

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Never happen in a Million years!! Now get back in the Kitchen and bake me some Pie!

• BroGone
    BroGone

What's the big deal?

When I was growing up

we only had one elder

and she smoked!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think they're going to have to give them a new title though... how's "Subjugated Servants" sound? Yeah... the new "SS" for the WTS.

• BroGone
    BroGone

I apologize in advance.

I know it sounds mean but how's "Menstrual Servants" sound?

It's degrading. But that's the Society's style.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I call BS on this one. Lots of examples of local congregations using women in roles traditionally reserved for men in the borg, but there's no way they are going to give these ladies a title. As Blues Brother brought out, they just released a QFR which requires women to wear head coverings when signing for the deaf. Now, they're going to allow women to be promoted to MS? It just doesn't fit into what we all know about the WTS.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

OMG! Remember EVE! This could finally be the break that Satan has been looking for to get influence into the Congregations!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

JEZEBEL

• cattails
    cattails

An MS and his "wife" sit out back and work (together) on the sound system cabinet, she helps get things prgramed and adjusted for the meeting.

... another sister, a pioneer, helps out opening boxes of magazines and putting them alphabetically on mag. literature shelves for pick up.

... another pioneer sister opens up territories box and signs out territory when assigned MS is missing from meetings.

Why?

Well, it doesn't seem to mean that women are going to be assigned as MS, but it does show how they're sorely needed to get things done and and keep KHs running. But I guess the GB decided it was better to write a KM article encouraging to reach out to convert more men.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

An MS and his "wife" sit out back and work (together) on the sound system cabinet, she helps get things prgramed and adjusted for the meeting.

... another sister, a pioneer, helps out opening boxes of magazines and putting them alphabetically on mag. literature shelves for pick up.

... another pioneer sister opens up territories box and signs out territory when assigned MS is missing from meetings.

Why?

Well, it doesn't seem to mean that women are going to be assigned as MS, but it does show how they're sorely needed to get things done and and keep KHs running. But I guess the GB decided it was better to write a KM article encouraging to reach out to convert more men.

The saying "behind every great man, there's a great woman" reminds me of what you posted, and also whats happening in the Hall I attend. We've got a little more than a half dozen Ministerial Servants, and a few of them really would be lost if not for their wives. We've got a couple brothers who are on the verge of being appointed as Servants and they've got a few duties now like magazines. What stands out to me is that these men would be clueless without their wives. Their parts on Service Meetings depend totally on the preparation their wives do. I can tell when the brother is speaking that the words coming out of his mouth are not his style, but that of his wife. Then you have the brothers who might not be the must up front of men. They're almost bashful, shy, reserved if you will. However, their wives usually make up for what they lack in balls. Some of the pushiest women you could ever come across. They remind me of overzealous parents at their children's little league baseball game.

When it comes to preaching, its obvious women make up the bulk of those doing the work. I'd like to say its because their husbands are making a living, but reality tells me otherwise. There's several pioneers at my hall, and they're all single. Most support themselves. The single brothers at my hall, have no intention of pioneering, and barely make efforts to "reach out." The other night I was watching Sanford & Son, and the episode dealt with the neighborhood women wishing to use Sanford's home for their Bible Study Meetings. It was all women, and I believe that reflects society, at least in this country. I just don't think men are as inclined as women to perform religious duties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit