My Boyfriend's not a Witness...

by Hikaru 71 Replies latest social relationships

• Marlene
    Marlene

If he doesn't convert, he dies? I can't live with knowing that....

What a cheery thought. You actually believe that? I suggest some counseling. A girl so young should not be preoccupied with death.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi hikaro

while not approved of because they know the difficulties involved, it is allowed to date and marry an unbeliever. because the bible does allow for it.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 (New International Version)

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

your children will be okay through you being a believer. and maybe you can win your partner without a word. It is not an easy thing you want to do and it takes a lot of love to respect for each having different beliefs.

1 Peter 3:1 (New International Version)

1 Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, Reniaa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sorry Reniaa, that is not correct according to JW doctrine.

2 Cor 6:14 Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be′li?al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” 18 “‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.”

The scriptures you quote refer to the recommended course of action for the individual who converts as a JW and has to continue living with a corpse unbeliever.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mickey

like I said it isn't approvd of but I've known a few marry non-witnesses due to lack of partners available in their area and they never got df'd or rebuked for it.

but it is not an easy choice as I myself know.

Reniaa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What religious persuasion is your husband Reniaa? Same as yours? Different?

• cognac
    cognac

Hik - Ren got the scripture I was trying to think of. Also, Acts 16:31 says that if you believe your whole household will be saved.

Clearly, though Hik, you have a lot of very real, strong feelings. Why don't you go over why you feel the way you do and maybe you can sort through some of it. It might even help start forming a love for God.

For example, some might be scared of the big A because JWs are the only ones who do the preaching work on a huge, global scale. Therefore, what they say about the big A has to be correct, right??? NOPE!

So, if you put that in a new topic, you can get some help in answering your questions and hopefully live more of a peaceful life. We are here to listen and help but you got to be able to talk it out to get that help...

• homeschool
    homeschool

I'm with cognac on that....Hik- please post some of the things jw's believe that cause you such torment. ...besides your bf not making it past Armaggedon

• moshe
    moshe

"Praying...I prayed and prayed for guidance...and the way it came... It seems god wants me to end it, if that's the answer I got and I'm not just reading too much into it...."

You have a brain- albeit, an inexperienced one, that needs to make the logical choices. Speaking from a Jewish persepective, our Rabbi said in her sermon that they don't teach that G-d hears or acts on any prayers. The holocaust experience has made Jews put the emphasis on human action for solutions, not prayer. Relying on prayer for an answer is no better than using a quija board. School has started, so concentrate on your classes and participate in school clubs/activities. You will find real people more interesting than online ones.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hik, I know you won't believe me (I know cuz I was 18-19 once) but I think you're not really in love but have a severe case of cyber infatuation. You've never met this guy but you say you love him. Don't know what he smells like, if he eats with his mouth open, if he misses the toilet when he takes a leak, if he slobbers when he sleeps and thinks farts in bed warms it up, you haven't even had the pleasure of walking into the bathroom after he take a dump.

All sounds gross but some guys (and gals) are like that and sometimes the fantasy is better that reality. I heard a cool quote that I think applies here: "Reality is that which when you stop believing in it it doesn't go away" ~ Philip K Dick

• Twitch
    Twitch

farts in bed warms it up

It's called a Dutch oven and it does work,....lmao

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it it doesn't go away" ~ Philip K Dick

Good quote and very true. A lot of his writing had to do with identity, perception and challenging what we believe to be true. Some great movies have been inspired by him.

I'm with mrsjones on the cyber thing; it isn't reality but a mental image of the other person and lacks the real essence of someone. If you don't spend real time doing real things with all the pros/cons that go with that, then it's just a fantasy. Sorry but it's true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit