My Boyfriend's not a Witness...

by Hikaru 71 Replies latest social relationships

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have mercy on the poor guy, Hikaru.

You know you have issues.

Do you really think it is fair on him to have to spend his life with you when you are not prepared to deal with your issues?

You have to be completely honest with him....... and him with you ...... and you with yourself, for that matter.

You know the WT has faulty doctrines and that you can't bring yourself to disbelieve them. 607 BC for example.

You know that the WT has never, never, ever made a prophesy that has come true, but you can't bring yourself to give up on them, so is it fair to drag your BF into your life while you are still so mixed up?

Take care.

Chris

• yknot
    yknot

If he is in HS...... why rush things?

Who yall are now is not who yall will be after college. However a relationship built on open and honest conversation is a good foundation!

As far as the end being near........Bro. Losch said in the 08 Zones that Tribulation was still yet to come! So that is (depending on interpretation) another 3.5 - 7 years that yall will have to discern and live through once it begins (which again it hasn't).

So instead of pish-poshing on the current topic at hand.......focus on what colleges (the same or nearby) yall will be attending after graduation! Talk about schedules, goals, what yall will want as a couple, colors you like to decorate your future home.......etc.

It is wrong to force or rush anybody into conversion.

If this is relationship cannot handle the pressures (or one of you is pressuring the other) then it is not mature enough for any type of conversion discussions. He is in High School.....Jesus was 29 when he was baptized!

Rather then overly focus on conversion why not read the Bible together.......listening and accepting each other's interpretations and

I know it is hard.....but slow down and take things at a moderate and easy rate.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

If you try too hard he may convert for you without ever wanting to. Then he will be living a lye. If he did that and got DF a couple of years down the line, how would you feel? That would be very selfish.

How can you live life in terror? The first few years I left JW I did think that perhaps I they were right, the end is nigh. But I just ended up living every day as if it was the last. By that I mean just enjoying every moment of life. If you can not get over your beliefs that the end of the world is comming, then at least you need to make the most of this life. If you do that you will probably forget about armageddon and come to see it as a false prophesy that has been keeping subjects under control since the dawn of civilization.

Arte:)

• shamus100
    shamus100

High school? Um, okay.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hi. If you really believe in the WT doctrine I suggest you break up with him, he is going to be destroyed at the big A and even if he did convert it would not be for the good reasons so he is going to die anyways. If you really believe int the WT you should stop school and be a pioneer or a missionary because the end is so near and their is a lot of people to save. You should not follow your heart the bible says that the heart is not to be trusted. What are you doing on this website? The GB warns you about the dangers of the Internet. If you would have listen to the GB in the first place you would not be in this situation. Go to the elders and seek their counsel for that they can pour oil on your wounds and god will forgive you.

Then again the bible is not the word of god and you have nothing to worry about.

• homeschool
    homeschool

When I was 16, I got one of the best pieces of advice from my boss: "the way you are at 16 is not the way you will be at 21. And the way you are at 21 is not how you will be at 27"..... It meant a lot to me & proved to be true. Also, you may want to check out some books on Interfaith relationships. Many of them give examples of couples who are of complete opposite faiths, and who make it work.

I really hope you can find peace in yourself

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    If he doesn't convert, he dies? I can't live with knowing that....

Do you really believe that? Obviously this guy has some good qualities or you wouldn't love him, right? If you, in your human imperfection, can see the good in him, how much more can Jehovah see that? Is it really logical to assume an all loving heavenly Father would kill someone over a denominational affiliation?

It's at this point that I always think of the parable of the prodigal son, remember that? Remember the LOVE the father felt for his wayward son? Was there ANYTHING he could have done and not found forgiveness?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    High school? Um, okay.

I thought I was the only one who noticed. Either he really is in high school, which makes him too young for a committed relationship, or he's a middle aged man pretending to be in high school, which makes him not worthy of your time, and possibly a pedophile.

If you really can't live without this person you've only interacted with online, at the very least meet him in person before making any decisions that affect your life.

• JWoods
    JWoods

If you have traded pictures and the avatar did not scare him away, then perhaps you should give him about 10 or 12 years to grow up.

You never know what may happen.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Hikaru, have you entertained the idea that what the witnesses teach might not be the truth? Have you done any independent research on them? If not, I suggest you do so. If you are determined to believe their end-time mutterings no matter what facts you are presented with, all I can tell you is that you are on track for screwing up your life and there's nothing anyone else can do for you. You need to get your head straight about the truth (or lack thereof) of this religion before you can acheive any happiness or normalcy in your life. You can't keep living in between worlds. Either you accept what they teach and live it or be willing to learn otherwise so you can move on with your life. Pee or get off the pot, girl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit