My Boyfriend's not a Witness...

by Hikaru 71 Replies latest social relationships

• Satanus
    Satanus

The guy might be 50 yrs old, or something like that. Hiding a fact like that may be the reason that he says you can't meet in person, right now. If you did arrange to meet, it would be good to make it a very public place, and maybe even have a friend close by.

S

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hikaru,

Please just enjoy being young, darling.

You worry way too much. By the time you're 30, you're gonna look 50.

Either take a chill pill now, or start getting to know the Olay line of products.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

You know your options. This thread is really about whether you are a hardcore enough witness to dump someone you love because the dogma says you should.

Something tells me that you're close to your breaking point. There comes a time in every witness' life where they must choose whether they are willing to sacrafice this life for the promise of the next one.

This is your decission. Make the right one.

So what will it be, Hikaru?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Why do you choose to worship a god that plans on destroying the "boyfriend" that you love? What does that say about you as a person?

You should be a better person than some whacked out mythical god(jehovah) whom some people believe will destroy everyone that doesn't join the jehovah's witness cult.

Most cults have similiar or identical belief systems as that of the jw cult. Like the jws, many other cults believe that they and they alone are the chosen people that will survive while all of the non cult members will perish.

It's an old concept but is very successful at scaring the crap out of people like yourself.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hikaru, I went through the same things you did when I was in high school twenty years ago. Believe me, I thought the end was close too and everyone non-JW was gonna die. Don't waste your energy on this. Date who you want. The WT is full of shit.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When I was in high school art class we could paint whatever we wanted. I did a painting that seemed on the surface like a Salvador Dali-type thing. It was a red rose against a black background with a clock overhead and a splash of blood on the ground. The clock meant "the world" was running out of time. The red rose represented the forbidden love of a non-JW. The blood represented the death of those killed at Armageddon. It was black because the whole idea was depressing. That painting is two decades old. Hello! No Armageddon.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    If you have traded pictures and the avatar did not scare him away, then perhaps you should give him about 10 or 12 years to grow up.

Wow, how rude!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    When I was in high school art class we could paint whatever we wanted. I did a painting that seemed on the surface like a Salvador Dali-type thing. It was a red rose against a black background with a clock overhead and a splash of blood on the ground. The clock meant "the world" was running out of time. The red rose represented the forbidden love of a non-JW. The blood represented the death of those killed at Armageddon. It was black because the whole idea was depressing.

That sounds like a really cool painting JP. I'd like to see a pic of that.

• cognac
    cognac

Hey hik - I sent you a PM. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a scripture that talks about if one mate believes and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't will be saved anyways because the mate believes. I can try and find it if you want...

• bibledike
    bibledike

Stop you worried that the end is really near so why are you posting here sometimes its time to move on and just live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit