IF it is NOT wise for a man to be ALONE with a woman he's NOT married to …

by Spike Tassel 275 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Sola Scriptura answered AndersonsInfo:—

The WT leadership has hammered into all of it's Elders and Rank & File's heads, that it is not wise for a Man to be alone with a woman he is not married too (adult or young woman... ie 14). Even in congregation sanctioned duties.

So, why, then, do so many service pairings involve just THAT: a brother ALONE in the territory (even if it's to make a call) with a sister he's NOT married to?

And, why are there so many conversations at the Kingdom Hall and elsewhere that involve just THAT: a brother ALONE with a sister he's NOT married to?

And if this applies to brothers and sisters, it surely must apply to brothers and unbelieving women, and to sisters and unbelieving men.

How can a single brother (or any other man) search for and search out a mate without ever being alone with her before they become married (such as on JWN)? I am in such a position, and seeking sound guidance and scriptural counsel, please and thank you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, you sure that wont set your triggers off? Lol Thatd be embarrassing for you. FYI- You can be reproved but not dfed if your triggers go berserk.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Sola Scriptura (Post 22) answered AndersonsInfo (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/180508/2/Its-WT-leaders-not-elders-who-are-responsible-for-all-the-harm-My-Geneva-Switz-lecture-posted-here-for-new-ones-Sola-Scriptura-to-read):—

The WT leadership has hammered into all of it's Elders and Rank & File's heads, that it is not wise for a Man to be alone with a woman he is not married too (adult or young woman... ie 14). Even in congregation sanctioned duties.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

'Cause it's all a fairy tail Spike.

But the line of thinking you have displayed is encouraging.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"How can a single brother (or any other man) search for and search out a mate without ever being alone with her before they become married (such as on JWN)? I am in such a position, and seeking sound guidance and scriptural counsel, please and thank you."

Spike, you're not a "brother". You've told us that you've been disfellowshiped and in that reality you're not under that rules of the WT/GB/FDS. You're free to try and find a mate and be alone with a woman before marriage if that's what you want.

Adult men and women can be alone in the same space without ripping off clothes and doing the deed despite what the tower says.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh and in your circumstances you'll never get a "sister" if you're limited yourself that way but I'm quite sure you know that.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Spike, I think you know your boundaries, right? You are a man, yet a gentleman. (I presume anyway). This situation reminds me of the time I spent in the middle East and men and women have certain guidelines that must be adhered to...and as you know, a woman cannot even so much as show her skin, like shoulders and legs. These rules were made up becuae there is some assumption that a man and woman will lose control and end up becoming sexually involved. If you want to talk with a woman, please do. She may be flattered. Meet for coffe, go window shopping, go to a park.

I used to get so mad at the stupid Arab men who came on to me....it's not my fault they cannot control themselves. It is a self control thing.

If you are DF'd, you are free from teh rules. Live a little and make a new friend.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

please read my initial post thoughtfully and thoroughly, and THEN respond ... The accusations made by Isaac and Josie are off-topic and defamatory.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, assuming your talltale of your experience in the org were true no JW would give you the time of day. Go find a normal nonjw who isnt cultwashed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I found it humerous Spike. Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit