WTS attends as a NGO to OSCE in July- 4 branches present!

by yknot 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

NGO DPI - department of information gnat issue compared to Christendom telling leaders what laws they should or shouldn't do and having political candidates etc.

Do we condemn Paul for his involvement with Rome being a roman citizen and using this to appeal to Rome the UN of his day?

Reniaa

Apples and oranges. Paul was exercising a legal right, attached to his Roman citizenship, to access a higher level of judicial review; in short, he appealed his case. Rome was NOT the UN of Paul's day.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

sorry...double post

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

what i love about Reniaa: is it has rocks in it's head. if Reniaa is right in it's arguement , then JEHOVAH'S CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION TO EARTH. HAS been wrong about the LEAGUE OF NATIONS, AND THE UNITED NATIONS for over the last 90 years. AND reniaa is right and the wts has been wrong for the last century. It's now time to WORSHIP RENIAA the NEW LIGHT FAITHLESS AND DISGUSTING SLAVEDRIVER....

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Reniaa said:

NGO DPI - department of information gnat issue compared to Christendom telling leaders what laws they should or shouldn't do and having political candidates etc.

So, Reniaa, was the WT Society right or wrong in affiliating with the DPI of the UN? Yes or no?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Skeeter 1 quoted this UN document:

Q. How many NGOs are there in consultative status? Currently there are 3187 NGOs in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and some 400 NGOs accredited to the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD), a subsidiary body of ECOSOC. NGOs in the CSD roster need to contact the NGO Branch of DESA in order to apply to consultative status.

Is the Watchtower Society in consultive status with the ECOSOC? They were at one time in affiliation with the Department of Information of the UN, but as far as I've ever seen they've never been in consultive status with the ECOSOC. Is there something I'm missing here?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Voideater wrote:

The attempt to split hairs and justify WTS participation with the UN, with the OSCE, and becoming an NGO (along with the *requirements* of such), are astounding, and sound disingenuous. To be an apologetic is a result of cognitive dissonence or denial.

..."becoming an NGO (along with the *requirements* of such)...

I'm no Watchtower apologist. The Watchtower Society did not become an NGO. It was an NGO (non-governmental organization) long before Ciro Aulicino and Lloyd Barry signed those papers to affiliate with the Department of Information of the UN back in the early 90s. What it did was to become an affiliated NGO with a department of the UN. This is an important difference and should not be confused with just being a regular non-governmental organization.

The question that needs to be answered still is if the Watchtower Society has any affiliated status with the UN these days. Attending a series of meetings of a UN agency does not mean it has affiliated with a UN agency or has agreed to support the UN (like it did with the DPI situation back in the 90s).

Do we have evidence that the Watchtower Society has affiliated with a UN agency? Or, are they using these UN agency meetings to get something they want?

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Mark 13:14 (New International Version)

14 "When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation' [a] standing where it [b] does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

We have a twofold prophecy in the bible were both Rome and UN are said to be the abominations by the Jws intepretation of scripture, so according to our doctrine Paul dealing with Rome as an authority is the same as Jws dealing with UN as an authority.

Daniel 9:27 (New International Version)

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' [a] In the middle of the 'seven' [b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. [c] " [d]

• Dagney
    Dagney

I read somewhere a few years ago the names of a few congregations that were listed as benefitting from "United Way," which I think was also a part of the UN.

It was amazing to me because we were under strict orders not to have anything to do with the charity the "United Way" on a personal level. Kind of like JW's benefitting from blood components but never contributing to the blood bank. ** sigh**

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The links on the first thread clearly showed the Watchtower is an NGO of the United Nations.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Yknot said:

Yet it appears that the WTS too has been wooed by the 'power and influence' of associating with these organization who either work side by side with the UN (as the OSCE admits) or are within the United Nations System. (Like Agenda 21, June 2008 "Creation Day")

Could you explain more about this, please? Sounds interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit