WTS attends as a NGO to OSCE in July- 4 branches present!

by yknot 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Sorry for my naivity, but what is the OSCE? I have a vague understanding of the NGO (that it's a library run by the UN?)

Please do share.

• ninja
    ninja

sniff sniff

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Google OSCE.

NGO stands for Non-Governmental Organisation.

Wikipedia has tons of info on each.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Watchtower is STILL in bed with the United Nations, as a Non-Governmental Organization.

This deserves some calls to Bethel. What is the WTS doing as part of the United Nations? Can Rennai and other JWs join the YMCA?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HY POC RI SY

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked. Thank you.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

If you call the society, you will get the answer "The Watchtower Society" has no ties with the OSCE and UN". And formaly, this is true.

Because, it is not the Watchtower Society, that is present at the OSCE meeting. It's the European association of JW, the Russia bla bla of JW etc.

The entity is a sub organisation of the Watchtower Society. So, formaly they are true if they say "The Watchtower Societ" was not present.

Hypocrisie optima forma.

Gorbatchov

• JHK
    JHK

OSCE - The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe

http://www.osce.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/Organization_for_Security_and_Co-operation_in_Europe "The OSCE is an ad hoc organization under the United Nations Charter (Chap. VIII)...".

• reniaa
    reniaa

Recognition of authorities and trying to help getting the witnesses unbanned as well as establishing the preaching workin countries is what they are doing here. Paul appealed to Rome to be set free so the bible the bible precedent is there for ALL readers to note.

Acts 25:25
    I found he had done nothing deserving of death, but because he made his appeal to the Emperor I decided to send him to Rome.

Dealing with authorities is unavoidable

1 Peter 2:13
    Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority,

Reniaa

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Reniaa - research before you post please. These meetings are not necessary they are - like the NGO staus of WTS with UN - a voluntary association with the "wild beast" that your own literature condemns. Taking advantage of rights (like Paul in Acts 25:25) is a completly different issue. Why do they deceive us about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit