WTS attends as a NGO to OSCE in July- 4 branches present!

by yknot 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nelly136
    nelly136

We are told to submit and deal with authorities till Jesus's return

the war angle is interesting http://www.centeronconscience.org/woc/jehovahs_witnesses.shtml borg statement

They do not involve themselves in any way in the military affairs of the world, having already enrolled as soldiers of Jesus Christ. They know that they cannot serve two masters nor can they allow themselves to be distracted from the preaching activity earthwide (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20).

The Bible forbids their meddling or taking part in the political affairs or controversies of nations.

These Christians await the time when Jesus Christ will rule the world as the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). Meanwhile, they remain law-abiding and peaceable, cooperating with the governmental authorities in all things which do not conflict with God's law. In those few instances where there is a direct conflict between God's law and that of the state, they "obey God as ruler rather than men" (Acts 5:29). Nevertheless, in so doing they offer no active resistance to the constituted, legal authorities and are quite willing to accept the consequences of their conscientious objection (Romans 13:1, 2; Titus 3:1; Isaiah 2:4; Matthew 22:39).

so they have absolutely no political aspirations but they put their faith in intergovernmental organisations that involve themselves in politico millitary controls, that promise peace and security for all mankind to lobby authorities and governments to do it for them cos theyve been forbidden to do it themselves?

s'ok then.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I recently read out representatives from both the Watchtower and the Church of Scientology sharing a dinner with leadership in France to make petitions regarding religious freedoms. This just struck me as weird as in the US such cooperation would seem as getting involved with Babylon. The Church of Scientology isn't even Christian and in many ways is more of a cult than even the Watchtower. This is weird religion to be buddying up with.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The UN is not a government. It has none of the powers of a government and no binding authority. Even when it's members vote to take action, each country can decide whether or not to support the action.

The OSCE by their own website is really just a political forum in which participants attempt to influence governments on the three areas listed above.

These organizations are not inherently evil but the UN has been identified in WT theology as the wild beast of Revelation. That's the problem. The WTS has always claimed to be politically neutral yet participating in a political forum is not being neutral.

If they were called to testify, although neither organization has the authority to compel anyone to do anything, I could see them giving testimony. But to tell the average rank & file JW that they can't join the YMCA under the threat of disfellowshipping, an organization that started out with religious ties but according to their website does not require any sort of religious declaration to join their gyms, while at the same time supporting a political organization such as the OSCE and working with other religions that according to WTS theology will soon (very soon?) be destroyed smacks of hypocrisy.

You can't possibly compare Paul appealing to Ceasar with this. A good comparision with Paul would be the WTS or any other religion appealing to the Supreme Court. The WTS has made good use of the courts around the world to secure their ability to worship as they wish and there is nothing political about that.

What would happen to the average JW if they joined a community group with a bunch of local churches that sought to change laws and influence politicians? You know what would happen, they would be dragged in front of a JC. How is this any different?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Why don't the Watchtower mention anything about this to their rank and file? Why keep it a secret?

Bangalore

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You can't possibly compare Paul appealing to Ceasar with this. A good comparision with Paul would be the WTS or any other religion appealing to the Supreme Court. The WTS has made good use of the courts around the world to secure their ability to worship as they wish and there is nothing political about that.

What would happen to the average JW if they joined a community group with a bunch of local churches that sought to change laws and influence politicians? You know what would happen, they would be dragged in front of a JC. How is this any different?

Right on, Doubting Bro. The WTS goes to the UN Human Rights Courts to try their cases with Bulgaria. That would be a good comparison with Paul appealing to Ceaser. In court, there is an "impartial" judge who hears the evidence of both sides. But, to go to a conferene....that's sitting down with the Great Beast. Even if the WTS gets some "beneift", it's like a JW joining the YMCA to get the use of the pool.

Can someone produce a scan of the WTS artistry showing the United Nations as the Great Beast? I wish I was an artist, I'd draw a caricature of the WTS, Scientology, etc. in a conference with the Great Beast, and a GB member saying to Tom Cruise & Ron Hubbard, "Such nice treats at this conference. The scones are really terrific". The waitress holding the tray would be the Harlot. And, the Great Beast would be the speaker. (At the really good conferences, they break out the scones!)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Noted an unusual e mail address for Paul Gillies of {whatever sub corporation they were using }

Mr. Paul GILLIES

Press Officer

E-mail: [email protected]

bigfoot???

BTW, I agree that it stinks, I have tried before to find info on this, but without any success..

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

See the Watchtower Lawyer (and Convention speaker) Brumley at a US Senate hearing with other religious delegates.

If I do the same (if I even think or dream about it), I will be shunned directly by the local elders!

• george11
    george11

I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's not a violation of neutrality. Neutrality simply means that you don't align yourself with or support one side or the other.

The United Nations is no different from any other political entity. It exists for now by Jehovah's permission. It's part of the "superior authorities" who can be "God's minister" for our good.

Meeting with someone is not the same as aligning yourself with them or supporting them. Attending a meeting with the OSCE is no different from meeting with representatives of any governmental organization, and Jehovah's Witnesses have done that for decades. Branch representatives have met with government ministers in connection with having our work legalized. Congregation elders will attend town hall meetings to get planning permission for Kingdom Halls; congregation members will quite likely do the same if they want to build or extend a house. The purpose is not to influence government policy; they aren't supporting any government or political entity, they are simply dealing with them to make sure we are free to practice our religion.

Obviously it's not interfaith, because it's not a religious service or an act of worship. So there is no scandal and no cover-up.

• yknot
    yknot

George's response begs the question then what is required to become a NGO of the OSCE....... anyone?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Does it really matter to what extent the WTS has become politically active, to what extent they associate with the Beast?

To do it AT ALL is a rejection of everything we were taught FOR DECADES!

"fractions of UN" - utterly perfect, utterly hilarious, utterly true - utterly damning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit