WTS attends as a NGO to OSCE in July- 4 branches present!

by yknot 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• george11
    george11

George's response begs the question then what is required to become a NGO of the OSCE....... anyone?

Hold on, where does the information say that any of our legal agencies are NGO's "of the OSCE"? All they are doing is attending a meeting hosted by the OSCE. That does not mean that they are affiliated with the OSCE. If I'm invited to the town hall to explain why we want to build a Kingdom Hall (or why I want to build an extension on my house) that does not affiliate me with the council.

It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Attending a conference organized by an organization does not make you a member of that organization.

• george11
    george11

Does it really matter to what extent the WTS has become politically active, to what extent they associate with the Beast?

To do it AT ALL is a rejection of everything we were taught FOR DECADES!

Not so. The WTS is not politically active. Granted, it would be political activity if we pressed for laws on abortion, gay marriage or the death penalty, for instance. But it is not political activity to explain to officials matters about our faith or to bring to their attention cases where our religious freedom is being restricted. And it's nothing new either. We've done it for decades. As far as I know our publications have never stated that it is wrong to make representations to people in power, if the purpose is to get greater freedom.

The United Nations is prophetically called a beast, but then so are all the other governments of the world. As long as they exist, they are still 'superior authorities', 'God's minister to us for our good'.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If there is nothing wrong with it and the rank and file will not be stumbled...then Bethel should write it up as a feature article! Suggest it to Bethel, why not. It won't stumble anyone, would it?

If the only pool in town is the YMCA and I want to swim, I don't see how having a YMCA pool pass makes me an endorser of false religions. Why is the average JW disfellowshipped for having a YMCA card?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I could be wrong...

But my understanding of the term NGO is simply that it's a "non-governmental organization." The Watchtower Society (and its various subsidiary organizations) is an NGO or non-governmental organization.

It becomes a problem for the Watchtower Society if its relationship as an NGO if it has to agree to do something that contradicts its beliefs. That is what was shocking with the affiliation of the WT Society with the Department of Information of the UN when it agreed to support the Charter of the UN.

If the Watchtower Society is not agreeing to something against its beliefs by participating in these conferences, I don't see what the problem is.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

I'm very surprised with the jw's here defending the wts involvement with the U.N. It just goes to show that they have no knowledge oF wt teachings on the U.N. every time I brought the wts being involved in the U.N. TO JW'S THEY hit the roof !!!!!!!!!!!! even the JW'S AT BETHEL THAT SIGNED UP AS NGO'S deny they even joined, etc. I personally know this first hand. Funny how the same week the Gaurdian NEWSPAPER exposed the wtbts as NGO'S in the U,N, the same bethel heavy that signed up with U.N. ran straight up to the U.N. TO RESIGN AS AN NGO. because they got caught with thier pants down, and tried to keep it HUSH HUSH... WHAT the wts didn't tell is they are still NGO'S UNDER different names YOU JW defenders should research in the publications how the wts has cursed other CHURCHES FOR BECOMING NGO'S. The wts had a taste of the HARLOT (WHORE) THE U.N. AND WILL USE ANY NAME TO KEEP GETTING IN BED WITH HER. RUTHERFRAUD

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The Watchtower's affiliation with the Department of Information of the UN was a compromise because it required them to agree to support the UN.

I'm not so sure this situation is the same. Is there evidence the Watchtower has agreed to support the UN here? Or, are they just using this gathering as a means to get something they want?

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

ANY GROUP WISHING TO BECOME AN dpi/ngo has to agree to support the U.N. charter . the list is quite damming to the wts but they argeed and joined knowing full what they were getting into

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

the only way to get into these meetings is to be an NGO

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

They should be disfellowshipped for joining the OSCE (the defunct Warsaw Pact), because to join, they must agree to support its aims, which are political...including furthering "democracy." That's why they are so heavy into election monitoring.

The GBs actions are no different from those of a JW who might join the YMCA, which, as we all know, they forbid for the following reason: if one joins the Y, then one is supporting ALL the mission statement of the Y.

This was the issue that split me from the congregation.

*** g978/22p.31OSCE—WhatIsIt?WillItSucceed?***

OSCE—WhatIsIt?WillItSucceed?

By Awake! correspondent in Portugal

AFTER World War II, a power struggle arose between Western democratic capitalist countries and the Eastern Communist Soviet bloc. Each bloc developed its own security organization: the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in the West and the Warsaw Pact in the East.

By 1975 the Cold War had thawed enough for 35 States, including the United States and Russia, to sign what came to be called the Helsinki Agreement. The Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE) was born. It was a multilateral forum for dialogue and negotiation between the two blocs.

At the Budapest Summit in 1994, the CSCE changed its name to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). Today, it is composed of 54 participating States, including the United States, Canada, and all the countries of the former Soviet Union.

Its

Objective

The objective of the member nations of the OSCE is to guarantee the security of Europe as well as to foster the implementation of human rights, disarmament, democratic freedoms and the management of regional conflict.

A summit meeting of the OSCE was held in Lisbon, Portugal, on December 2-3, 1996. At first, attention was focused on NATO, since several NATO members, including the United States, are in favor of the expansion of NATO to include more nations from Central and Eastern Europe. But rather than support the enlargement of NATO to include former Eastern bloc allies, Russia and some of her former Eastern bloc allies want the OSCE to become the forum for matters of European security.

The Russian prime minister, Viktor Chernomyrdin, said at the meeting: "We are in favor of strengthening the OSCE, which is the only place in Europe where all States can work together. It is the best international place for discussing security and defense."

The radiant afternoon sun seemed to create a climate of general optimism at the close of the summit, despite the comments of the press regarding its nebulous results. Whatever success or failure the OSCE may realize, peace lovers everywhere can be assured that true peace and security will soon be realized earth wide under the rule of God’s Kingdom.—Psalm 72:1, 7, 8.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    If the only pool in town is the YMCA and I want to swim, I don't see how having a YMCA pool pass makes me an endorser of false religions. Why is the average JW disfellowshipped for having a YMCA card?

Yes, the hypocrisy is incredible here!

The average JW cannot join the YMCA to use the gym, sauna or pool because the WBTS say membership would indicate the support of all the YMCA agenda, not just part.

At the same time, when the WBTS is a non-govermental member of the OSCE (an organization whose activities include, arms control, free elections, democratization, etc ect) this is OK???

One standard for the average JW and another for them. According to the WBTS reasoning, their membership indicates support of all the OSCE goals, which are obviously political and militaristic!!! What happened to being no part of the world??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit