WTS attends as a NGO to OSCE in July- 4 branches present!

by yknot 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The links on the first thread clearly showed the Watchtower is an NGO of the United Nations.

The Watchtower Society is an NGO (a non-governmental organization). There's a difference between being just an NGO (as are many thousands of other organizations -- many with no connection to the UN) and being an NGO in affiliation with the UN (as are those in consultive status with the ECOSOC as you quoted on the previous page).

As far as I've seen so far, the only evidence that they crossed the line in affiliation with the UN was back in the 90s with the affiliation with the DPI (Department of Information). The DPI of the UN disassociated them from membership in 1991.

Is there evidence that the Watchtower Society has re-affiliated with a part of the UN system since then?

Or, are they just attending meetings of the UN to get their agenda across?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The agenda of this recent UN meeting was freedom of religion to worship. It discussed the banning of religions, hate crimes, government stiffling, etc. It also discussed the limits of the freedom of religion, that it could not be used as a scapegoat for illegal purposes.

The WTS officials that attended were from Russia, France, Belguim, and the US HQ. It is obvious that Russian and French Jehovah's Witnesses have been investigated by their respective governments. These governments are wary of any religion that has signifcant control over its members and/or disrupts family or poses harm to citizen's lives (i.e. blood, shunning, etc.). The US representative would be there, but I'm puzzled at Belguim's need to attend.

At one time, the WTS preached that everyone would have the chance to hear Jehovah's promises before the Big A. I'm not sure if that has changed. But, I do know that the WTS thinks that only Jehovah knows the exact hour and time (though they are really good at also saying 1975, generation of 1914, new light, etc.). Jehovah gave decision making ability to the United Nations (and Hitler) under Rennai's logic.

In John 19:10-11 Pilate, who had absolute control asked Jesus, "Do you refuse to speak to me. Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?" Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above." Clearly, Pilate was boasting about his power. Jesus, reminded Pilate that his power was from above. What is "given" from above, can also be "removed." The "rest of the story" is that after Jesus's death, Pilate later lost his power, was exhiled, and is believed to have committed suicide. So much for being "all powerful."

Anyway, the WTS officials are like gnats at these meetings. Under biblical reasoning, they can't control a thing. The "power" is in the hands of the Russian, French, etc. governments. It is "Jehovah's will" whether or not the WTS gets to preach there. There are millions of people that "might" be reached; but there are also 6 million people who are already JWs who might be appalled to find out that the WTS secretly agreed to be an NGO, to uphold the United Nations values and principles...all the while reading WTS literature that denounces the UN as the Great Beast. There's an old marketing saying, "It takes $100 to get a new customer, and $1 to keep an existing one." This is partly why the WTS does not "announce" to the rank and file what they are doing inside the UN and want to keep the existing members off Internet sites.

What I wonder most of all, is how the United Nations allows the WTS to be an NGO. The UN mustn't read the WTS literature condenming the UN as the Great Beast. If they did, they'd quickly realize that the WTS is NOT going uphold UN goals. Any apostate in New York want to put on a tie and go over to the UN with a bookbag of WTS literature showing the UN as the Great Beast, and ask the NGO Admittance Committee how the WTS fits into their group?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

What I wonder most of all, is how the United Nations allows the WTS to be an NGO. The UN mustn't read the WTS literature condenming the UN as the Great Beast. If they did, they'd quickly realize that the WTS is NOT going uphold UN goals. Any apostate in New York want to put on a tie and go over to the UN with a bookbag of WTS literature showing the UN as the Great Beast, and ask the NGO Admittance Committee how the WTS fits into their group?

The UN does not allow an organization to be an NGO. An NGO is simply a "non-governmental organization." Being an NGO does not mean an organization has any relationship with the UN.

When the WT Society (as an NGO) affiliated with the DPI of the UN in the 1990s it had to agree to support the Charter of the UN. Once that was exposed in 2001, that affiliation came to an end.

Do we have any evidence that these meetings required the WT to indicate support of the UN Charter? If there is such evidence, I'd love to see it!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Do we have any evidence that these meetings required the WT to indicate support of the UN Charter? If there is such evidence, I'd love to s

Does signing up your kids for swimming lessons at the YMCA include a statement that you support the organization's beleif in Jesus Christ? Does attending a regular Catholic mass mean that you support the Catholic Church?

But, a rank & file JW member would not be able to get lessons at a YMCA pool or attend Sunday Mass at the Catholic Church service (absent a close family member wedding or funeral).

Whether or not the WT had to outwardly support the UN Charter is NOT the point. The point is that they went to a meeting sponsored by the United Nations, with UN food, UN speakers, and UN topics....with a United Nation's agenda being dolled out.

Aren't the average JWs told not to speak with an apostate? So, how do these men get off being able to sit, eat & drink with, converse, and listen to the Great Beast?

The control factor is what JWs HATE, especially when they realize that the rules are different for the top brass then for the rank & file.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Whether or not the WT had to outwardly support the UN Charter is NOT the point.

I would disagree. The fact that they did do that with the UN/DPI scandal in the 1990s was very significant. That truly was hypocrisy of the highest order.

The point is that they went to a meeting sponsored by the United Nations, with UN food, UN speakers, and UN topics....with a United Nation's agenda being dolled out.

If I were a JW, I'd be less bothered by this. Say that an entity of the US or the UK was having meetings on religious freedom. I could accept JWs going to such a meeting as representatives of the Watchtower Society. Yet, the current JW teaching is that the US and the UK are the "false prophet" of Revelation chapter 13. JW leaders have lobbied Congressional meetings before, such as meetings regarding the FCC in the 1930s. JW lawyers have used the US judicial system to try to get their way on various issues. In Canada (arguably part of the "Anglo-American World Power" and thus part of the "False Prophet" of Rev. 13), JWs distributed petitions for the enactment of a Bill of Rights for Canadians back in the early 50s.

Now, if the JW representatives are getting member status in any of these groups or making statements that are supportive of the UN -- that would really bother me as a JW.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Are the JW members passive at these UN meetings, or are they there to argue their agenda?

If the average JW can't join the YMCA for non-religious matters, can't attend another church service (even if it's with the intention of learning about the religion so as to be more effective in the Witnessing work), and can't speak with an apostate.....it seems like the high ranking officials shouldn't sit at a UN meeting.

I find it rather shocking. Maybe I am from a time when the UN was demonized weekly at the meetings and every night when the 6:00 news started.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Are the JW members passive at these UN meetings, or are they there to argue their agenda?

Good question. That is one reason I was interested in the comment made earlier in this thread about the possible timing of the recent Awake! on changing religions. Was this prepared to pass out to this Conference? Just wondering.

I think it's worthwhile to research this event more to find out what the JWs are doing at these meetings.

• yknot
    yknot

Hi Cabasilas!

Association has benefits.

Recognition and validity are two of the highest.

Ability to influence international government audiences are another.

Friends within these types of organizations (and that is all they are allied associative voluntary organizations-not governments) never hurts if you need someone to appeal your cause.

Majority of R&F would find this association disturbing how the WTS would even give validity to such an organization by association, especially when you consider some of the slights it has made toward such organizations as fruitless since only the millenial reign can solve anything according to the WTS. If there actions are to incite peace and security are worthless and in the end mere tools and illusions of this 'system of things' then why have anything to do with any organization in this manner that isn't a national government (aka Caesar) like those labeled wicked whores of Christendom........ BE NOT PART OF THE WORLD

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Yknot,

Valid points.

The reason I wanted to comment on this thread is because I was afraid some posters were confusing the issues with the earlier 2001 UN/DPI scandal. That was on a different level.

• yknot
    yknot

I agree completely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit