My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 5

by Simon 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

Damn, now I'm all nostaligic and homesick !

http://citynoise.org/article/4343

• tornapart
    tornapart

Looks like you'll have to go back for a visit! LOL!

Your stories of when you were a little boy playing where you shouldn't made me smile as my hubby comes from 'up north' and told me similar stories of him and his brother when they were young...good job his mum never knew what they got up to!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm glad this has recently been commented on because I too missed it on the first go-round. I can't see how that is even POSSIBLE, but I don't recall reading any of this at any earlier time, and I haven't left any indications of an earlier presence.

Simon, have you and the family has a chance to visit Vancouver BC or Victoria?

I Vancouver, though it has been quite a while since I've been there. It is a great metropolis! Victoria, on the other hand, is more like a carefully preserved artifact of Old Canada - still delightful, but in a totally different way.

If you drive to Victoria - which involves a ferry crossing - then you can drive into the northern reaches of Vancouver Island and quickly see how underpopulated it is. The island's west coast is wild and undeveloped and the east coast only very slightly more populated. Top off your petrol at EVERY opportunity, and do not expect civilization to be close-at-hand.

By the way, I was unable to get Part One to show itself. Certainly your story should be in the JWN permanent archives.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Great read! Thank you for sharing. The best thing we can all do is forget about the WT and live our lives! But can we really forget????

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I want to thank both Simon and Angharad for all the work you do to keep this site going and for not closing it down. It has been a great place for me and many others to come here during the healing process. So much wonderful information is available here. I am sorry that your Mom and sisters have chosen to not be in your life because they have missed out on so much. You were very fortunate that you both left together which is what my husband and I have done. I can't imagine what it would be like to do this on my own. I enjoyed reading your life story and I am sure many others will enjoy it. Thanks again!

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• gerry
    gerry

I have to say thanks to Simon, this site was of great help to me. It is 10 years this weekend since I have been in a Kingdom Hall.

After 29 years being an active witness and a number of years as an elder I just had had enough of the misinformation and lies that fellow elders were dishing up. So finding a site like yours was very much appreciated.

However there comes a time when you have to move on and make another life away from anything to do with JW's. So I stopped frequenting this site a number of years ago, only to return on my 10 year anniversary to post a thank you.

Kind of fitting that Simon's post from a few years is current.

Thanks again to Simon and all those who post here. Cheers Gerry

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Simon,

can you put all your stories into one mightly and unbroken story? I had to upload it into my kindle for easy reading. Thank

Scott77

• zeb
    zeb

Minimus: your fav site. mine too.

I have tried to emigrate years ago to Canada but unless i had a job there they said 'no entry'.

Yes the site i guess and I am fairly new to it does have some nasty moments as all fora do. We lost one in Aus recently because some guys couldnt keep in the guidelines and swilled to much booze before they went on-line. I also believe some were plants as their comments after some event in the news were almost scripted. They were also abrasive and ignorant. Other guys would attempt to correct them missing the point that such were bait. Many too used the site to converse when they should have been using pm to have a go at each other or engage in personal conversations. But, I digress. I discovered this site when 'seeking' after learning of the way the wts protect paedophiles around the world on an industrial level. With that knowledge was the penultimate realisation that the wts is not a godly org at all. Any doctrinal matters or the grubby $$$ dealings or the UN thing; they all come well down the list. The pain of learning that my offspring had been victims was up there with suffering burns. But they have moved on both are married to very understanding partners and in the mean time I have had a very close run with cancer but I know also that within my little circle of aquaintances I am respected and loved and this means everything to me.

So, Simon et al you have done a wonderful thing and as the news out of wts gets worse and people reveal more and more their childhood of distress or the betrayal (eg. no education crap jobs) they have suffered at the hands of abyssmally ill-educated but highly indoctrinated elders and given some are sincere then the posts on this site will reflect that.

My love to you all I endevour to be positive but separation and bi-polar are a heavy pack to carry. But and it is a big BUT I try to live by the GG's. Grace and gratitude and on occasion humour as well. Here too i know from the pms I am respected and loved and that means everything to me.

Big hugs all.

zeb

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you simon , ang , and all the other moderators that make this site possible , it is priceless.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit