My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 5

by Simon 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• free @ last
    free @ last

so did I. Thanks for bumping.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, another coupkd of years gone by so quickly !!

We're still here by the way, LOL :-)

• clarity
    clarity

Simon ... have you ever calculated how many have passed through the doors of JWN these last 11 or so years?

Thank you for a job well done and I hope you realize the amazing thing you've pulled off and get a lot of satisfaction and joy because of it.

When you both grow old(er) you will look back and see the enormity of what you've accomplished. (& you won't believe it!!)

clarity

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Simon,

You have seriously made yourself a thorn in their side! I don't think it is possible to overestimate the power of this site. Besides the steady stream of new members, there is an unquantifiable crowd of lurkers. What you have accomplished here may not affect them fully for years to come, but they can't erase the knowledge. Just like you couldn't erase the knowledge your co-worker showed you that day. (In San Diego?---Witnesses in lounge chairs). Another thing you'll never be able to count is how many people you saved from baptism.

I know some people set out to do major damage to the WTS--and overstate their success. You never intended such a thing---and yet---that old truth will set you free thingy.

Thank you Simon. Thank you soooooo very much!

NC

• life is to short
    life is to short

Simon

I never saw this thread before either and am so glad it was bumped up.

This sight has been the most life saving thing for me. I am so glad to have found it though free minds. I come here everyday still and just read and read, I truly hope to one day not need it as much but for now I still need to come here. It was so nice to finally know your story I have alwasys wondered about how this all started.

This board has been the one thing that has kept me sane though all the pain of learning that I was raised in a cult, just knowing others have been where I was and am is invaluable.

Thanks to you I have meet some really great people from this board. Mouthy was the first person who PM'ed when I was so really down. Flipper and his wife also have been so kind and caring to more than just me and without this sight I would never have meet them.

Anyway I just truly want to thank you so much for giving us this outlet. It has truly meant the world to me.

LITS

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Just read all 5 parts...never saw this thread. Simon, thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks Noni for bumping it up.

• Violia
    Violia

This site is the premiere Xjws site on the net and everyone knows it. It along with Free minds and a few others are the sites the wts has the most angst over.

Jws always said that Jah's spirit would take down all opposer's and shut their mouths. I see the board is still just fine and not going anywhere anytime soon

" hey you b*astards, I'm (we're )still here" Papillon (for all of us, special shout out to Big Tex)

• Awen
    Awen

Thankyou so much Simon for this site. You have given many of us what the WTS never could. Hope.

Peace,

Awen

• Simon
    Simon

As I've always said, I don't think *I* do a great deal.

I like to voice my opinion as much as the next guy but the real value in this site is in all the contributions people make and pieces of their life that they share so others in a similar situation can know that it's not unique, they haven't done anything wrong, it's not 'them' and they are not alone.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Well said Simon.
    And as I posted on part 4 before remembering to read part 5, THANK YOU for this site and your obvious efforts.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit