My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 5

by Simon 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

Exactly what undercover said ! THANK YOU BOTH !! You saved my life ! (no kidding)

This is the only site capable,because of what you have made it, of really helping people recover from the Cult. I know other sites have value,and are well meaning, but this is the best, the Alpha and the Omega !

please keep up the good work for your fellow-man.

And may you and yours only have happiness and well-being (shalom)!

love

Wobble

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Simon,

Thanks once again for keeping this site running and even more so that it seems you thought several times of stopping it.

I agree very much with your opinion in part n° 4 that you can't remain an ex JW for your whole life. True, you know you are healed once you have gone beyond bitterness and resentment and a positive sign of this healing is the fact that the support site looks no longer so interesting. Just a natural process, nothing to do with the quality of JWD. I must admit that since I stopped attending meetings altogether about 2 months ago, I've found it much more difficult to bring into JWD JW- related threads or just posts (already not plenty), as if fading from JWD was part of leaving the organisation behind for good. Thanks anyway to all those who share their personal experiences and those who feed the site with insider WTS news, many are here to show fresh interest in the matter, which testifies for the site's usefulness.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

After more than 20 years of being out of the JWs, it is still hard sometimes, because I have family members in the cult. I disassociated myself all those years ago, and my sister still holds it against me, saying that I turned my back on God and on her, etc. etc. etc. I hate it when she gets started on me, because it is so hard to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses. I am so glad for this site and for others like Silentlambs. I didn't have a clue about the pedophilia issue until years after I left the religion. Also, I have no problem with blood transfusions. I like to give blood. Every person's blood is checked out carefully when it is given. I am sorry if I am going off on tangents here. It is just that I am so glad to be out of the cult! Occasionally I can still feel the debris from the WTBTS in my system. It's kind of a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. So glad, so glad to be out. Thanks for your site, Simon! Please keep up the good, excellent work!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It was interesting to read your story. I wonder if your kids have any idea how much you and your wife have done for so many people. When they're old enough, will you let them read and/or post here? Maybe someday your mom will learn what you've done with your life and feel proud. Isn't it ironic that she, like most jw mothers, would've been pleased as punch for you to continue spinning your heel in the borg?

Thank you for this site!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Thank you for keeping the site running. I found this particular thread (and its links to the 5 year old 4-part story) on Freeminds today.... and Freeminds is how I found this board as a lurking elder a few years ago.

As you said, the JW-doctrine issues no longer interest me. I keep up with some of the latest news only because of my JW mom, otherwise I could care less about what the Watchtower and its namesake organization have to say.

Because of FM and JWD, I had the spine to leave the Borg....and found the love of my life ....as I have posted prior, Toni and I are engaged and will be married in a few months...

It is not a stretch to say....because of you and others on this forum ...I have true freedom, and true love..and for that I will be forever in your debt.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "ex-ex-JW" Sheep Class...aka Rich)

(ps... I have been in contact with Randy at Freeminds....it's time this comes full circle.....time to tell my story soon. I am working on my own exiting JW story and will consolidate some of what I have posted here over the last couple of years...and provide more details.....and my full identity.... it is on my mind but I am writing in bits and spurts...but with Toni and her son moving in next month.... well, it is like herding cats....lol.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hello Simon and Angharad!

Thank you so much for continuing your story and posting links to the previous four parts. Reading them in order made it easier to follow the story line and get a better sense of what you (and yours) went through. It was very moving, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Though I read almost every post in every section nowadays, I don't post much because I really don't have anything to add. Others have gone through much harsher times than I, and suffered and endured much more than I ever did. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I was ever a part of an organization that could allow such things to occur in its name. Of course, some peoples' families and friends went way beyond what was strictly "required," but still, the Organization fostered the atmosphere of fear, suspicion, and revulsion (if not outright hatred) that led to such travesties. And in spite of the blatant hypocrisy of the July 2009 Awake! article that said, "No one should...be made to choose between his beliefs and his family", they seem to actually be ratcheting up the pressure to do exactly that. Or, as my sister said (paraphrased), "That doesn't apply to US, because WE have the TRUTH!"

I do have two questions. First, would you ever consider posting the recordings of your Judicial Committee? I would very much like to hear them, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. Second, and this is for Angharad, how do you pronounce your name? I was wondering if it was derivative (or perhaps a source) of the name Ingrid. Just curious...

Again Simon, thanks for your story, and especially for all your hard work in creating and maintain this site. There's simply no telling how many have been helped to shed the shackles of "ze Organization" and discover there is indeed life after the Watchtower.

Regards and best wishes,

Radar

• Emma
    Emma

I will add my thanks! I remember finding this site through Freeminds and asking Randy if he thought it was safe to join. I'd left the wts but hadn't gotten to the point I knew they did not have the truth. My mom was still alive and I wanted to leave the door open if she needed me for anything.

Your story is probably much like many of ours. And I do think it a bit dramatic in a good way! Setting off for a wonderful new life in a new country! I'm so glad it's gone well for all of you!

Blessings to you all.

Emma

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Thank you for what you do. You must realize now how valuable it truly is.

• Simon
    Simon

I called ahead and let them know you were coming..

I had to promise to send them a 24pak of Molson..(For those of you who don`t know..All problems in Canada,are solved with Beer..LOL!!)..

ha ha, thanks! LOL

• Simon
    Simon
    I do have two questions. First, would you ever consider posting the recordings of your Judicial Committee? I would very much like to hear them, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. Second, and this is for Angharad, how do you pronounce your name? I was wondering if it was derivative (or perhaps a source) of the name Ingrid. Just curious...

I'll see if I can find it. I know I came across them when we emptied the last box in the garage a couple of months ago (that was after moving from the condo to our house in July 2007 !)

It's very like 'Ingrid' with 'a' (as in 'hard'):

An-k-har-rad (with the 'k' almost silent) ... if you call 'Angryhead' from a distance she doesn't notice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit