My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 5

by Simon 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't think it is possible to overestimate the power of this site. Besides the steady stream of new members, there is an unquantifiable crowd of lurkers. What you have accomplished here may not affect them fully for years to come, but they can't erase the knowledge. Just like you couldn't erase the knowledge your co-worker showed you that day. (In San Diego?---Witnesses in lounge chairs). Another thing you'll never be able to count is how many people you saved from baptism.

I know some people set out to do major damage to the WTS--and overstate their success. You never intended such a thing---and yet---that old truth will set you free thingy.

What New Chapter said!

My first time to read your story. Thanks for sharing and not giving up on JWN.

Someone else said "this is my support group"! DITTO!

NO ONE else can understand the trauma that comes with learning TTATT unless they've walked in those same shoes.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you walk a mile in another man's shoes, you have another pair of shoes and he's a mile away when you take off with them!

May I add my thanks, I may have done so earlier in the thread, but "Repetion for emphasis" and all that, many thanks Simon and Angharad and all who contribute to this life saving and life giving site !

Long may it flourish !

• minimus
    minimus

btt

• tornapart
    tornapart

It's great to read your story Simon! Are there any updates since you posted the last episode? Did you get your citizenship? Have you had any contact with any of your JW relatives in England?

Thanks for sharing it.

• Simon
    Simon

Nothing major and no new developments on the family side. It's ironic, the jw relatives who get up to no good are always 'welcome' but me: classic faithful husband, father, self-sufficient / worker ... is the "bad sheep" of the family. Go figure.

We're no citizens yet but we're working on it. I've given Ice Hockey a good go but I'm sorry, it's just not as exciting as watching soccer (shhh ... they may kick us out if that get's out!)

• tornapart
    tornapart

So I guess you were either Man U or Man City then?

• Simon
    Simon
    So I guess you were either Man U or Man City then?

Man City !

• tornapart
  • tornapart
    tornapart

Just thinking that must be a part of English life you must miss! Everyone knows how most Englishmen feel about football... LOL

• Simon
    Simon
    Just thinking that must be a part of English life you must miss! Everyone knows how most Englishmen feel about football... LOL

They actually show quite a lot of soccer on TV for free ... I guess because it's a minority sport here that they can't charge so much for.

I don't miss the UK too much but would murder to get my hands on a proper Chip Barm Special from Lee's Chippy in Irlam or Curry Half'n'Half. Oh man, I'm so hungry now ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit