I need a 2009 Drama quote verified please?

by AllTimeJeff 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to NewYork44M: that "elsewhere" Topic is http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/179201/1/JW-Defenders-Is-WTS-Right-to-Insist-You-Stay-Away-From-these-Websites. You'll find quite a few of my Posts as you scan through the pages. Especially the parts where I've used coloured highlighter.

• aniron
    aniron

spike said

I do believe that I follow the established guidelines of the WTS, as I understand them.

Watchtower guidelines can change on the whim of the GB. Its not how you understand them its what the WT tells you they are.

Besides what about the guidelines set down in the Bible.

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," Matt 5:43-45

"And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself." Matt 22:39

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." Luke 6:35

One for the Governing Body

"for they loved praise from men more than praise from God." John 12:43

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

We each account for our decisions in our own ways, which are often not easily articulated, and even less readily grasped by those unacquainted with the way we each use words to reflect our realities.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Spike, if you can truly love and be loved good for you. I am happy for you. If you believe that power comes from a watchtower understanding of god, then I think that is just great.

But what about the rest of us? I no longer believe in religion. However, if I were to rank my feelings of love and being love now compared to when I was a jehovah witness I definitely say that I see and feel more love now.

I find it quite offensive to hear that the watchtower corporation views this as meaningless. For them to say that only .005% of the population has love is quite silly. For you to defend that position is embarrassing.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

NewYork44M: I find it quite offensive to hear that the watchtower corporation views this as meaningless. For them to say that only .005% of the population has love is quite silly. For you to defend that position is embarrassing.

Spike Tassel: In the context of the 2009 Drama, "meaningless" would actually be "spiritually dangerous", because the key phrase (that love for another human is contingent on knowledge and love of Jehovah) was in relation to a "weak Christian" being influenced in their faith by those not OF their faith. I fully agree that if one wants to do well in WT-type FAITH, it must be EXERCISED, and based on faithful reading of WT publications and meetings. One must not FEED from both the "table of Jehovah" and the "table of demons". One gets FAITH from the "table of Jehovah" and DOUBT from the "table of demons". The DOUBT doesn't assist FAITH to grow. Rather, like weeds with good plants, the DOUBT robs nourishment which properly should go on the FAITH. The DOUBT thus grows, while the FAITH withers. UNLESS, one OVERCOMES the evil with the good. For THAT, one must have UNBREAKABLE faith. So, interfaith marriages are NOT for true Christians, as borne out by several Scriptural passages, including the principles found at 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Jesus is certainly mentioned in every meeting in various ways, for he is our Exemplar, our Ransom, our Mediator

Uhmmm Spike: Are you aware that according to JW doctrine, unless you are of the annointed, Jesus is NOT your mediator?

JT

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Are you aware that according to JW doctrine, unless you are of the annointed, Jesus is NOT your mediator?"

True dat, unless Spike thinks he's one of the annointed.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Spike: "key phrase (that love for another human is contingent on knowledge and love of Jehovah) was in relation to a "weak Christian" being influenced in their faith by those not OF their faith."

That is not what you said earlier. I go back to my first question, can anyone outside the watchtower have or give love?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Spike, what the hell is an aspie?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it's Spike's way of shortening Asperger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit