I need a 2009 Drama quote verified please?

by AllTimeJeff 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    One needs to be a Jehovah's witness (not a Jehovah's Witness) to love as Jehovah teaches through His Holy Word. That is, it is whole-souled devotion to Jehovah and His principles/ commands, including our love for our neighbour (whether we personally like that one or not), (and not a religious label) which is key.

Thanks Spike. Simply put. Naturally, you and I disagree. I find this kind if thinking indicative of a cult, and having been a former JW myself, I can tell you that this effectively keeps JW's from developing friendships with non JW's...

As I said in my essay based on this quote/idea, you can substitute Jehovah for the Governing Body, because you can love Jehovah all you want, but disagree with one piece of dogma, like 1914, (which is wrong as the evidence shows) and you can love Jehovah and your fellow witnesses (Witnesses?) all you want, and you are still disfellowshipped.

Having said that, Spike, I know you will feel free to continue to support and defend JW's. I acknowledge your right as a sentient being to do this.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Love is evidence by what is described at 1 Corinthians 13. The recipe is available to anyone willing to actually live by it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike, with all respect, you have dodged the question you dared to bring up and argue. Instead, you throw up 1 Cor 13 and run. But that doesn't answer the questions asked of you.

I don't care, as I don't expect a reasonable answer is possible.

• carla
    carla

I think the problem lies with the jw definition of 'love'. They have such a warped sense of what love is they are incapable of truly loving others as themselves, those who are different or hold a different belief. I know this first hand, my jw's view of love changed profoundly after he became a jw, and not for the better I might add. I cannot see a jw ever laying down their life for another under any circumstance. Heck, they won't even endanger themselves by sitting at a table with a former jw! Sad that their faith is so weak that it could be undermined so easily.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Spike, are you saying that the watchtower has a monopoly on 1 Corth?

I display that kind of love to my familiy. I am no longer a witness. My wife displayes that love to me and our daughter. She is a Buddhist. Our 2 year old daughter displays the unqualified love and she is not affiliated with any organized religion.

Are you saying that our love is not real?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Love comes from truly understanding Jehovah (and Jesus Christ, his image) and his purposes, whoever we are.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Love comes from truly understanding Jehovah (and Jesus Christ, his image) and his purposes, whoever we are.

No, you are incorrect. Love comes from caring about others, even those who do not agree with us. Of course, JW's teach their followers to stay away from "worldly" people, even if they are family. Hardly loving.

Parents of disfellowshipped children are taught to shun their children in this case. This is not love.

If you disagree via scripture with the Governing Body, you are called an apostate and kicked out, to be shunned, even if you still love Jehovah and your fellow brotheres. This is not love.

Those who get little field service time due to circumstances are looked down upon, and given labels such as weak, irreagular, or inactive. This is not love.

JW's base spiritual health primarily on the amount of FS one turns in each month. This is not love.

JW's teach and believe that their little group of 6-7 million people will be the only survivors of Armageddon, and that all others will be destroyed. Yeah, that isn't love.

The GB continues to put their interests ahead of victims of pedophiles within their midst, and continue to refuse to effectively deal with these horrible people, while the victims are hurt for the rest of their lives. THAT ISN'T LOVE.

• dinah
    dinah

Jeff, you gotta remember the line in this drama was written by the same people who tell you that if you love your children, you'll beat the crap out of them for not paying attention at the meetings.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Spike, you did not answer my question.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Since love comes from truly understanding Jehovah (and Jesus Christ, his image) and his purposes, whoever we are, then it follows that IF you have that type of love motivating who you are and what you do, then your love is not just real, but as it should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit