I need a 2009 Drama quote verified please?

by AllTimeJeff 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sounds like the dumbest drama in history......this is what Brainwashed TV will be like in the "New system."

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses do give lip-service to Jesus, but that's about it. There is more emphasis to replace Jesus with Jehovah and to glorify the Watchtower as God's active force.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"You're nobody till somebody places magazines with you." W.Once

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Spike said:

Jesus Christ teaches us, through the Congregation, how to know and love both Jehovah and Jesus, in line with John 17:3. Jesus is mentioned every meeting, I'm sure, just like Jehovah is.

So do you attend, Spike? Are you sure that Jesus us mentioned?

More to the point, do you agree that in order to love, a person must "know Jehovah and love him", by which the WT means be an active witness?

If so, then the ENTIRE world, save for JW's, cannot know love. That means that throughout the entire world, husbands and wives together for decades don't really love their spouses, mothers don't love their children.

Please answer this question directly: Do you need to be a JW to love someone, anyone?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

In reply regarding Pistoff's questions, I answer, as follws. I attend congregation meetings for my area, to the extent that I am permitted by my circumstances. Jesus is certainly mentioned in every meeting in various ways, for he is our Exemplar, our Ransom, our Mediator, our Reigning King, as the Greater David, the Greater Moses, the Greater Elijah, etc., etc., and no one can come to Jehovah except through Jesus, our High Priest.

I certainly agree that in order to love, a person must "know Jehovah and love him", and that certainly does involve being an active witness, in contrast to 2 Timothy 3:5.

The ENTIRE world of redeemable mankind can CERTAINLY know love, by coming to "know Jehovah and love him", and showing THAT by their actively turning to proper godly devotion, by proving TRUE to its power, by proving Jehovah to be true, despite the distractions and claims to the contrary. Whether we read the OT or the NT, Jehovah's Authorship is clear.

One needs to be a Jehovah's witness (not a Jehovah's Witness) to love as Jehovah teaches through His Holy Word. That is, it is whole-souled devotion to Jehovah and His principles/ commands, including our love for our neighbour (whether we personally like that one or not), (and not a religious label) which is key.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am in agreement with your statement Spike. Question- you attend to the extent your circumstances permit? Physical or congregational circumstances?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

I don't understand this. Who is "nobody," "you," and "they?" Is "they" the person who wants to be loved, or is "they" witholding love because that witholder does not love jehober first?

Is "nobody" and "you" the same person? or is "nobody" and "they" the same person? Or, are they the same person who is witholding self love because "they" don't love jehober?

And while you are at it - whos on first?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

All right then. Send all the "fake love" my way because I sure as heck am tired of the kind of "love" JW's dole out.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"Remember, nobody can REALLY love you unless they know and love Jehovah first."

to NewYork44M: The context of this statement is the 2009 Drama, and I believe they are the father's words to his prodigal son. The nobody is the worldly and world-leaning association the son has.

I'm not sure what first base has to do with this, as there was no "ball game" in this Drama, as I recall.

to gubberningbody: there is a difference between Jehovah's witnesses, and Jehovah's Witnesses, after all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Spike, does this mean that only those associated with the watchtower corporatation are capable of love?

That is a little extreme, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit